Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Avengelyne is on a distinguished road
Help SOS NVQ3 CCLD unit 303 K3D218

Hi there, this is my first post asking for help... i just hope i have earned some by helping other people previously :blush:

I have just finished my tech cert and am doing the last few K&U in order to complete my NVQ, right now i have brain freeze and could really do with some suggestions with some of this knowledge point for age 0-3yrs (i work with 2-5's so sort of stuck on babies):

K3D218.17 Identify and support children's early literacy and numeracy e.g. counting, mark making, interest in environmental print, using mathematical language

K3D218.20 Use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication strategies such as talking, listening, making eye contact, persona dolls, singing, rhymes, and stories

K3D218.21 Adapt strategies for children where English or Welsh is not the home language or where there are communication difficulties

K3D218.22 Support children's early communication in bilingual or multilingual settings

Once i've finished this that'll be 3 completed units and only about 25 more knowledge points to anwer and an obs till i'm completed

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Avengelyne : 02-25-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: oops had to edit forgot one!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Doodah is on a distinguished road

K3D218.17 Identify and support children's early literacy and numeracy e.g. counting, mark making, interest in environmental print, using mathematical language
K3D218.20 Use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication strategies such as talking, listening, making eye contact, persona dolls, singing, rhymes, and stories (see this doc from p.13 to help with above:)

http://foundationphase.powys.gov.uk/...%20-%20red.doc

:reading::reading::reading::reading:

K3D218.21 Adapt strategies for children where English or Welsh is not the home language or where there are communication difficulties
K3D218.22 Support children's early communication in bilingual or multilingual settings (see pdf below to help with these:)

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/lgcl/100003...maintained.pdf

:reading::reading::reading::reading:
Unread 02-26-2010, 10:15 PM

Thank you so much, that is a fantastic help

And typically having looked through those links i feel a bit of a fool for needing to ask! bet i'm not the first person to feel like that :blush::rotfl:
Unread 03-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

salls is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone. I'm stuck on 303 K3D218 question 15 and 16. If anyone can guide me in the right direction, i'd be grateful. thanks.

Last edited by salls : 03-27-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salls View Post
Hi everyone. I'm stuck on 303 K3D218 question 15 and 16. If anyone can guide me in the right direction, i'd be grateful. thanks.
this is my answer to 15... can't help with 16 as did it as part of tech cert work

K3D218.15 Play with and alongside babies and children to encourage and support, encouraging their creativity from the earliest age
By playing with and alongside babies and children it adds value to their play, it helps practitioners get to know the child’s interests and abilities and can help the child to form a relationship with the practitioner. Playing with a child supports them and they can be encouraged to think about what they are doing and what else they can do to further the play, playing alongside a child gives the child the opportunity to be the leader and introduce their game to the practitioner, this can build a child’s self esteem. By allowing babies and children to invent the game they will become more creative in their play and if they have an adult with them supporting, encouraging and helping them solve problems they will become more confident and able to solve problems and involve themselves in new experiences

Hope it helps