Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

MissDolly is on a distinguished road
Default Safeguarding ?

Hello my boss has informed her staff that now it is a legal requirement for every
staff member to have the safe guarding qualifications? She has told us we have to do the course today on the nursery premises and she doesn't have to pay us? Surely if it is a legal requirement then by law she has to pay us as it is during working hours and in the nursery?
This is just one of many things that goes on in our nursery and I will be back for advice as needed...
Any help would be great re this question thank you xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-03-2014, 01:29 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

GOOD nurseries pay their staff for training days. no question. I bet none of you are in a union?? join one
Unread 03-03-2014, 01:36 PM

MissDolly is on a distinguished road

It's a private nursery ran by a family the owner doesn't even have any qualifications we have no manger here apart from a Tuesday morning and we are left to do basically everything! I don't know how unions work ?
Unread 03-04-2014, 02:51 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i suggest a chat with ofsted then. unions work to protect their members from unreasonable employers you could join unison or gmb google them

but basically you choose who you work for and private nurseries exist for one reason only to make money
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:17 PM

oggy4793 is on a distinguished road

they do an online qualification for safeguarding