Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 10-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Hi new members !!

Hi to all our newest members .. please feel free to jump in

A big thanks also to learningpage.com who have us featured on their front page & in this months newsletter !!
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

southlady is on a distinguished road
Default hello

hi i have posted a few questions and answered some , so far no answers back hope i am doing it right .
Unread 05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you are please don't worry. Everyone helps out where they can, there's no obligation members post what they can and when.

I noticed one of your posts concerns observations, are you able to contact your tutor or assessor for assistance or help with what these involve, or maybe has an example layout for you to begin with ?

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

We seem to be getting mostly posts about NVQs, perhaps that's why few answers? I know as i'm not doing an NVQ at the moment i don't open these posts as mostly they have question references which those not having NVQ paperwork wouldn't understand x
Unread 05-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lauralee is on a distinguished road

hi, really fed up today. assessor meant to come to my setting but cancelled just before we opened. have emailed and texted her but no reply. how are you meant to get on like this? sorry to moan but it's frustrating. how does anyone else cope?
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Wasp

just found this site never joined one before
i am doing level 4
reading all the messages has made me feel that it is worth doing
Wasp
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Primrose is on a distinguished road
Highfive

I have recommended silkysteps to everyone that wants to listen!!! It's been a huge help to me and gives me hope when I feel I can't be bothered anymore!

Thank you to everyone who takes the time answer questions and give support.
Unread 08-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Possum is on a distinguished road

Yes the posts do seem heavily NVQ biased at the moment, but perhaps when everyone's back off holiday it'll all change!
Unread 08-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

daisypops is on a distinguished road
Thank you yet another one on about nvq!!!!!!!!

Hello! Just joined up as fed up with NVQ3(sorry!) Ihave been working in child care for 10years and was a deputy for 4 years. I know I'm not stupid but this NVQ is driving me round the bend and my assessor is no help. I'm sure I'm writing too much, approx 2 sides of A4 each knowledge question but he just says keep on going. When a friend of mine done hers, under a different assessor, she only had to write bullet points! Its so time consuming as I do have a life! Dont think I'm meant to though...
Unread 08-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisypops View Post
Hello! Just joined up as fed up with NVQ3(sorry!) Ihave been working in child care for 10years and was a deputy for 4 years. I know I'm not stupid but this NVQ is driving me round the bend and my assessor is no help. I'm sure I'm writing too much, approx 2 sides of A4 each knowledge question but he just says keep on going. When a friend of mine done hers, under a different assessor, she only had to write bullet points! Its so time consuming as I do have a life! Dont think I'm meant to though...
Sounds like you have a lot of experience - and the kind of person that the NVQ was originaly meant for... have you asked your assessor for a professional discussion- preferablly with a digital recorded method? this cuts down writing for both you and assessor. If it's embeded in your everyday practice- and you know what and why your doing it, it should be discussed rather than written anyway. Different if you lack experience- then I would expect candidates to show they have researched why certain things have to be done etc.

xxxxx