Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Rachelt1980 is on a distinguished road
Default New Nursery Nurse job -age 12-24 months

Hi
I'm just about to complete CYPW 3 and hve been lucky enough to get the first job i applied for. I have many years experience working in different environments and with different age groups. I have completed my placement in the reception class of a local school which i love as this is my preferred age group (2-5) and where my strengths and expertise lie. Due to financial pressure i've had to accept this position but will be working with 12-24mths-i feel slightly out of my comfort zone!

How do you plan for this age group???? And what activities can you plan i.e. child-initiated or adult-led????
I can barely remember what my own children did at that age!!!! I often did lots of stuff that probably wouldnt be allowed in nursery due to risk assessment and age restrictions.

I love a challenge and really pleased i got the job so i dont want to fluff it. Doing EYFS in a school is toatlly different from a baby room in a nursery but i know once i get into it i will be fine. Any idea's or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-30-2014, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, many congratulations on the job :) the necessity to meet a different set of needs can be a daunting feeling, it'll help if you can get to grip with the room's layout, what a daily and a weekly routine looks like in there, the current way of planning & record keeping and all the resources that you'll have available to you x

Balance activities that utilise adult-led with a focus & priority on child-initiated xx

These links offer greater support

Development matters on BAECE

What does it mean to be one - two on amazon and activities for young children

Examine sensory play and locomotion eg. crawling, walking, pushing, climbing

BTTM Birth To Three Matters resources

I hope this helps, very best wishes with the new start
the cost of ad blockers