Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 08-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kerrylou89 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS unit 302.1 grrrrr

im so useless at doing this work really struggling, sorry if i have created a new post and shouldnt have done, let me no.

Im really struggling on ccld 301 element 302.1

2. check all areas of your setting and identify and record hazards

3. identify and remove those hazards that can be eliminated

4. asses the levels of risl for all other hazards and establish procedures for managing theses riks to an acceptable level

5. make sure that all children and adults using the setting have information about the health, saftey and security procedures relevant to them

6.review and revise your health, saftey and security procedures in line with changing circumstances and requirment and to make any improvments

any help would be much appreciated as i think i may cry soon lol x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrylou89 View Post
im so useless at doing this work really struggling, sorry if i have created a new post and shouldnt have done, let me no.

Im really struggling on ccld 301 element 302.1

2. check all areas of your setting and identify and record hazards

3. identify and remove those hazards that can be eliminated

4. asses the levels of risl for all other hazards and establish procedures for managing theses riks to an acceptable level

5. make sure that all children and adults using the setting have information about the health, saftey and security procedures relevant to them

6.review and revise your health, saftey and security procedures in line with changing circumstances and requirment and to make any improvments

any help would be much appreciated as i think i may cry soon lol x
Hi,
If you look at your setting's policies this will tell you what your setting does to ensure health and safety and then your procedures will be how you implement your policy; i.e. your policy may state that you carry out a fire drill every term and your procedure will be who does what:-

Who raises the alarm?
who gathers the children?
Where do you take the children to, so they are out of harms way?
Who telephones for the emergency services?
Who checks the buiding?
Does anyone collect the register and telephone if at all possible?
Who records and writes up any relevant information of the drill?
Where are these records kept etc etc ( these will be personalised for your setting and I may not have written everything).

So, just think of your questions and think through what you do i.e. in your health and safety policy ( you may have more if you've broken it down say into food, fire drills, equipment etc
So look at the toilets/cloakroom - who keeps it clean? when and how often? Do you implement different measures if you have a notifiable disease in the area ? ( i.e. swine flu)
Your health and hygiene will include people as well -
what hygiene procedures do you undertake to make sure food is safe to eat?
do children (and adults ) wash their hands when? etc.

How often do you review your policies and procedures?
Your policy may state that you review at least once a year, but all policies and procedures are updated sooner if necessary or when a new method/reason is deemed to be beneficial etc

Read through your policies (you may see something that needs udating or you have changed but not altered or added to you policy.