Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 03-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

adele is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Help please - the role of play in a child's development k2d43

Hi im new to this, a friend told me that this forum is very helpful and i need help lol,
Can anyone help me with this question im stuck on...

What is the role of play in a child's development k2d43

Im finding it very hard to find the right words, i would be very greatful if anyone could help me.
Many thanks Adele.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Lusher

Default Role of play in childrens development

Could anyone advise me on this?

Thank you
:reading:
Unread 06-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

cosmos23 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
Play is an essential part of childrens's lives, play allows children to explore their feelings and the world around them. It encourages children to act out familiar and unfamiliar roles / situations. It developes language, communication, literacy, social skills and many more. It allows childrens imaginations to develop and also teaches children that people around them are different and have different ideas/ways of doing things, children need to learn to negotiate / learn to share etc. Think about developing motor skills -
fine/gross , scissors, climbing, dough (manipulative skills). Play will develop childrens awareness of living in a multicultural society by using cultural props resources, celebrating festivals etc. When children learn new skills, make friendships, have fun , they have high self esteem and will be more willing to try new things.
Hope this helps
Unread 06-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Lusher

Default Role in play

Thanks Cosmos 23 that has been a great help

Unread 06-14-2009, 11:16 PM

cosmos23 is on a distinguished road

your welcome , good luck !
Unread 07-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

paula06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adele View Post
Hi im new to this, a friend told me that this forum is very helpful and i need help lol,
Can anyone help me with this question im stuck on...

What is the role of play in a child's development k2d43

Im finding it very hard to find the right words, i would be very greatful if anyone could help me.
Many thanks Adele.
The role of play is important in development, when considering what children of different ages need. Play is a key way in which children learn about themselves and others. It is also an important way in which children learn many skills that will help their development. A good example of this is a baby playing with a rattle. The sound if the rattle helps the baby learn about sounds, but because it is interesting, it also makes the baby want to reach out and touch it. Every time the baby shakes the rattle, the baby is learning control of the hands.

With older children, play helps to develop different skills. It helps children feel in control, and learn how to problem solve and to be with others. These are important skills as they help children in later life learn how to be independent, to negotiate and to socialize.

I hope this helps.
Unread 10-18-2009, 03:58 PM

lolly is on a distinguished road

hey all can i plz ask for help ,,i need to do a reflective account on 206.5..pc. 1 3 5 and 6...finding it hard ..
1 is examine and display objects of interest with children taking the opportuniyies offered to enhance childrens learning,,
3 find out about community resources to encourage children to explore and investigate
5 help children to use ict as part of there exploration and investigation.
6 use activitities to engage childrens curiosity,making sure the activities are pprepared,safe,and that the children are supported appropiatly..
many thanks to all that helps me x