Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Out of school clubs ?

Is it me or do there seem to be more out of school clubs opening up this year?
Does anyone here drop off or collect children from one?
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

Isn't it to do with the new legislation that comes into affect soon where schools have to be able to offer wraparound care form 8am - 6pm? the way alot of schools seem to be getting around it in this area is either by pre-schools on the site offering breakfast clubs for school age children, pre-school between 9am - 3pm and then after school clubs between 3pm - 6pm. either as a playscheme or different sports clubs. I know in this area there has been an after school club for 12 years where the staff go to the infants and junior schools and walk the children to the club.
Unread 09-02-2006, 09:03 AM
SuzyQ

I agree, there have been too many opening up around here, both at school and other centres! Minders here are losing a lot of business to them, and holiday clubs, as we cannot compete on price.

Most minders here refuse to take to or collect from them for this reason, to be honest it's not worth the upheaval to other mindies for the money it would generate. I do know childminders in other areas that do but they set their minimum charge so high that most parents either make other arrangements or end up using the childminder instead!
Unread 09-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

suewhit is on a distinguished road

I am sorry the relationship with o-of-s clubs in your area is poor. we have operated for over 10 years and have quite a good relationship with childminders so much so they leave their own children with us. we always advertise them as sometimes we are not as flexible as parents want or they like to share the different types of care. All types of childcare are worried about the new initiatives , children centres springiging up and taking different trade. the local authorities should take into account exsisting providers and work with them. I agree in principal with the changes they are needed to ensure the every child matters framework however I think that the cc at all costs is hard to deal with if your buisiness is just down the road and has not got benifit of subsidies and grants.
soap box done for the day
sue