Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums

Early Years Discussion Forums share and read professional working experiences from the UK EYs sector and further afield. CYPW learners and Early Years Educators, preschool practitioners, reception and KS1 teachers, childminders, parents and playworkers a very warm welcome to you all

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 12-14-2020, 11:43 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

feehunter is on a distinguished road
Default How do you deal with anxiety or depression during this pandemic?

From what the title says.

How do you deal with anxiety or depression during these days? I know some of you are having this emotion. Can you share it with us here?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-23-2020, 08:20 AM

I've stumbled on this article in hope of understanding more of my anxiety and how I can keep myself away from being anxious all the time.

Base on the depression page on this same link, I'm also susceptible to depression so I thought I'd leave it here for anyone that's in the same situation as mine. Feel free to read it at your most convenient time.

https://adaa.org/learn-from-us/from-...ion-strategies
Unread 12-25-2020, 07:47 AM

whooshfencing is on a distinguished road

I am lucky to be able to work from home but I don't know when I will even be allowed to see my family (they live in England and travel between there and here has been stopped) so it's pretty hard and anxiety-making.

Having group video calls with my family helps a bit (my family likes quizzes so we do those a lot) but it's not the same as being with them and I find the calls a bit awkward. So apart from that, I try to do things to keep my mind occupied like trying to write fanfiction or baking things. I hope you can find something to take your mind off the negative feelings and get through this Christmas. Next year will be better.
Unread 12-29-2020, 07:49 AM

A friend recommended that I should search for breathing exercises online and I found one that helps. Also, she told me to listen to delta waves records on youtube and that it will soothe my mind. Somehow both worked! Another thing that I'm so happy about right now was my Mom asked me to do facetime with them on Christmas eve, and I had fun! I was able to prepare enough food for Christmas after I took off from work and got me a bottle of wine. It's been fun and I've enjoyed celebrating my Christmas on facetime with my parents and some relatives!
Unread 01-04-2021, 09:55 AM

Thanks for sharing what you've done to protect your self from being anxious these trying times. Happy New Year!
Unread 01-11-2021, 09:49 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Bronlearn is on a distinguished road

Dealing with anxiety is not that easy but it's possible, I know it from my personal experience. I changed my lifestyle completely, it helped me to get rid of this problem. Sports, exercise, meditation, a healthy diet, vitamins are very helpful too. Plus, my whole day is never complete without taking coffee in the morning and in the workplace. Those are my anxiety-relievers.
Unread 01-20-2021, 02:23 PM

I'm doing my best to incorporate a new diet and lifestyle this 2021. I also learned breathing exercises to control my mental seizures. Thank you!
Unread 12-23-2022, 03:42 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

debbi2 is on a distinguished road

I see that a lot has been written here about breathing exercises, and I did not believe that they could be effective before. But if you look at it, this is ordinary physiology that we can use to our advantage.
In general, physical activity helps to cope with anxiety, if done correctly and enjoy the process of training. I like ride a bike, it is great, walking a lot (about 10k steps a day). Exercises for concentration and agility are also good - you will immediately leave the fog from your head and you will feel much better.