Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sebseb is on a distinguished road
Default Help CCLD 4

Help I've just started unit 401 totally struggling to get my head round the whole thing I'm on question K4C750 The importance of making sure each team member understands and supports the roles and responsibilities of others and how to make this happen.
Please help!!!! Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Operation 'run smoothly' sorry, MI High's on behind me

Team management from wikipedia may help

Who's doing what, how, when and where.

How to guides - sharing information from dcsf

Identifying gaps - reduce the risk of errors, agreeing plans / goals, supporting each other in maintaining/building on professionalism - knowing skills, progression towards and reaching outcomes.

Meetings, updates, case studies, reviews, multi agency working and advice, understanding the needs involved...

I hope this helps a little

A warm welcome to the site

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:28 PM

Thank you very much for that, its helped me a great deal i think i know what they're asking me for now. Thank Goodness for silky steps!
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebseb View Post
Thank you very much for that, its helped me a great deal i think i know what they're asking me for now. Thank Goodness for silky steps!
hi there despite help i am totally confused on this question could you give me a few tips on what you wrote many thanks
Unread 06-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi would it help to look at this in reverse ..

What would happen if each team member didn't understand or couldn't support the roles and responsibilities of others.

Would this be ok?
Would it make a difference to how everyone worked together?
Would outcomes be the same, better or suffer due to a lack of understanding/inability to support others?

What could be done to try and ensure everyone did feel able to support others, understanding everything involved.

Do you have access to what everyone is expected to do - when & where: their roles and responsibilities?

Access in this way is one important way to ensure everyone understands and can offer support.

Knowing what others are doing avoids unnecessary duplication/deployment - eg: a frill drill procedure?
Where would everyone line up in a fire drill in no one knew who was taking who out or where/what their place was - role in an evacuation process.

Knowing policies and procedures ensures everyone is working together for the benefit of the setting, children, parents and staff.

Not understanding or supporting could cause damage to reputation, jeopardise the safety of children, upset the children, parents and staff.

Debriefing is a military example that shows how important information sharing is for security and teamwork.

Hth a little more
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-01-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy321 View Post
hi there despite help i am totally confused on this question could you give me a few tips on what you wrote many thanks
Hi there

this link was a massive help to me

I then wrote a little about-
each team member understands and supports the roles and responsibilities of others in order to work together as a team and effectively with others to enhance the settings provisions for the children. ensures a well run organisation and consistency of care within the setting. To help build positive relationships with colleagues its important to identify responsibilities and communicate with each other. Each team member will also know who to go to to discuss relevant issues.

Effective teamwork will also ensure each team member will know and understand their own roles and duties and carry out their job effectively. This would ensure their responsibilities wouldn’t fall to another member of staff to finish off someone else’s job as well as their own, this would ensure everything runs smoothly and not cause any friction between team members.
I also extended on the following bullet points
Making team work happen-
• Setting objectives-
• Clearly communicate goals-
• Define responsibilities-
• Motivation-
• Staff development-
• Build relationships-
Provide feedback-be clear in expectations and opinions of work. Encourage, thank, praise and review what went right and what went wrong.
Unread 07-03-2010, 10:10 PM

hi thanks for the reply this is a fantastic answer and has helped me put the pointers i thought of into perspective how far through are you know if i can be of any help let me know

Maria Twiggy321

Quote:
this link was a massive help to me

I then wrote a little about-
each team member understands and supports the roles and responsibilities of others in order to work together as a team and effectively with others to enhance the settings provisions for the children. ensures a well run organisation and consistency of care within the setting. To help build positive relationships with colleagues its important to identify responsibilities and communicate with each other. Each team member will also know who to go to to discuss relevant issues.

Effective teamwork will also ensure each team member will know and understand their own roles and duties and carry out their job effectively. This would ensure their responsibilities wouldn’t fall to another member of staff to finish off someone else’s job as well as their own, this would ensure everything runs smoothly and not cause any friction between team members.
I also extended on the following bullet points
Making team work happen-
• Setting objectives-
• Clearly communicate goals-
• Define responsibilities-
• Motivation-
• Staff development-
• Build relationships-
Provide feedback-be clear in expectations and opinions of work. Encourage, thank, praise and review what went right and what went wrong.
Unread 07-04-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy321 View Post
hi thanks for the reply this is a fantastic answer and has helped me put the pointers i thought of into perspective how far through are you know if i can be of any help let me know

Maria Twiggy321
hi there twiggy

so glad it helped. this site has been a massive help to me too.

I've just started unit 403 it looks massive and quite scary. struggling to open my folder and start it. thanks for your offer of help I'll keep it in mind.

sebseb
Unread 07-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

debsmath is on a distinguished road

you will really benefit from picking up the handbook, it helped me complete in 6 mths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-12-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsmath View Post
you will really benefit from picking up the handbook, it helped me complete in 6 mths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi there i think we all have the handbook but to be honest the answers and points in it are rather vague my tutor know what is in it and will not let me pass the knowledge questions without putting my knowledge in relation to what is done in the setting into each question.

you must of had a very good tutor as i put int 4hours a night and are constantly looking for ways to meet the criteria within work and have only just managed to get 401 passed off. My tutor stated that every 12 weeks something would have to be submitted for external verification

Well done to you but please dont boast as the rest of us are banging are heads against a brick wall