Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > ERR & induction standards

ERR & induction standards Please use this forum to discuss workplace induction standards and employment rights and responsibilities - E.R.R. workbook

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

michelle77 is on a distinguished road
Default explain formal needs assessment, reporting frameworks used in your work environment?

hi all, i am new on here so i will introduce myself. i work in a private nursery and have done for the past year. prior to this i was a childminder but mainly gave up because of lack of work. nursery took me on with the qualification i had (level 3 diploma in home based childcare) but have since discovered it means nothing in nursery!! typical.
so here i am doing CCLD level 3. i think i am doing it different to most. I dont go to college. i have a tutor that comes in to work every 3-4 weeks. i have had to do some technical certificates and tests (which i have passed) i already have my first aid, i have an induction workbook to do, key skills level 2 in maths and english because its more than 5 years since i did my GCSE's. plus the NVQ part. there are no assignments its mainly done by observation from the tutor, yet to start that bit. i have already picked my optional parts, which are 306,308,312,and 314.
so thats all about me. now i am looking for help with a question from the induction book. i am told i am allowed to waffle on this one!! it apparently links nicely with knowledge for 303!.

explain the formal needs assessment and reporting frameworks used in your work environment.

i have had a complete block on this one

thanks if you are able to help in any way xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-20-2010, 09:18 PM
chelsey-lou

Hi Michelle77,

Welcome to the site and hope you find it as useful as I've done :) Do you have the S/NVQ level 3 book by Penny Tassoni? if so its worth having a look on page 405 onwards. I think I remember seeing something in there, also it maybe worth asking your manager on what frameworks they use within the setting. hope this helps :s x
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

michelle77 is on a distinguished road

thank yu, i do have that book so will take another look x