Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 11-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

Yes our scrapbooks are a bit like keyworker folders - in fact book goes in folder!! We used to send ours out - but at the moment are inviting the parents in, although this may change to going back out again, because we've changed we wanted the chance to chat with parents about how we 'monitor' (for want of a better word!) their child's progress.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

joshie is on a distinguished road

I have been on a two day weekend NCMA EYFS course, which was provided by NCMA for our local area and funded by our Child care services. This was great. I know a lot about the EYFS already, but this gave us the chance to pracise using it. Plus the course tutor provided all of us with file full of forms that we could photocopy and use as childminders. These are great. If anyone was interested, I would give local EYDCP/ CIS a call or the NCMA and see if they are doing this in your area. If I get time I will try to put something together and post it on line, but got to be careful of copyright!

Hope this is of some use.
Unread 03-10-2008, 02:34 PM

an excellent book called 'Key persons in the nursery' by Peter Elfer, Elinor Goldshmied Developed treasure baskets), Doroty Selleck. Definately worth buying.

Regarding EYFS reports to parents
Why not put on a parents evening to introduce them to it and ask them how the report should look - if it's for them they're more inclined to read it if they have some ownership of it. Good practice in working in partnership with parents