Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 01-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Committe run group

If a group is run by a committee ie parents,does the treasuer pay the staff?
Should the treasurer also give out to all the parents accounts? Staff should not be doing wages??

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Toni

Committee Run Group

If the group is 'run by the book' so to speak then the Treasurer would be doing all the finance with imput from the Chair. This includes wages. But...... in these days when committee members are few and far between then I guess the staff will do some of the paperwork as well. As long as it's the Playleader/Manager/Person in Charge of the group that is doing the wages then it should be ok, not ideal, but ok.
Unread 02-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Toadess is on a distinguished road
Committee

Just read about the committee item and was wondering if you could help???
Can a committee member work for you?:blindfold
She did get paid for it...(was a waste of space too!!) Are they classed as your boss? thought I had better check before I opened my big mouth. :muted:

It would be a great help???

thanks
Toadess
Unread 02-05-2006, 08:40 PM
looby

no they cant just found this out last week
Unread 02-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Work

Where is it written? Or where did you find out?
Unread 02-05-2006, 10:21 PM

Committee

Well she does! Thanks for letting me know, where is this information?? I think I best have this back up too!! Are they allowed to help if there not getting paid???
And our manager says she will be doing More days!:running: Would mind but she not very helpful. But I can't see my manager saying anything!

Thanks again

Toadess
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Toni

Committee Run Group

First thing you need to check is your group constitution. If you are a community group run by a management committee you must have a constitution somewhere.
You should also check with the Charity Commission too if you are a registered charity - you could be breaking the rules of your charity if you employ a committee member.
A committee member or officer can help voluntarily within the group, but not to sure about them getting paid!
And, yes, sorry to say, but the Management Committee are your employers!
Unread 02-05-2006, 11:21 PM

Thanks
But surely she can't boss people around? In short she not got a clue and when you try and help her she knows everything! NOT!! We are a community nursery, run by committee. This lady would like it to be her business and stands around saying we have too much equipment for the children, and we are quick to spend money!! I wish!!! She doesn't understand about childcare at all, to be totally honest she would just like to make money!
Thanks for the information I will look into that!!
Cheers
Unread 02-06-2006, 02:20 AM
Toni

Default Committee Run Group

Toadess, one thing this person must realise and adhere to is that she cannot make any decisions regarding the group without first putting the question to the rest of the committee at a quorate meeting to discuss. Only after full discussion and agreement can any decision be put into place.
Tell her the whole idea of a committee run group is that the committee as a whole make decisions not just one person on their own.
If the staff are not happy with the situation, then they should call a committee meeting and put their point of view forward. If the committee members will not have a meeting, then you can call a Special General Meeting. The committe officers and members must attend the meeting and all views listened to carefully. If any item goes to the vote and there is a draw, then the Chair of the group has the deciding vote.
Do you have a finance policy? If yes, show her that how money is spent is part of the voluntary management committee remit.
Stand your ground. As staff members you have rights as well.
Oh yes, ask her to explain how on earth a group can have to many resources??????? We are a very small group (8 children) and are very well resources, but there is always something else wanted or needed!
Unread 02-06-2006, 09:32 PM

Thanks for that information Toni,
Taking everything on board and I will go into work and baffle em when I ask for all this information!!! I will get back to you cause I have a funny feeling that when I ask is the group constitution, they will stare and then want to know why I ask??
The thing is aswell she does do alot of fundraising, but some mum says she hounds them and to be truthfull scares them!! So I know its not just me.
they told me today she may be coming in every friday??? I write my notice as I type.........will let you know how I get on!!