Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 12-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

button174 is on a distinguished road
Default First Assignment

Heya, im trying to start my first assignment, Unit A
and i have no idea what im ment to be doing or how the hell i start or write an assignment.

just wondernder if anyone could help, feeling very alone and getting very down and worried about it.
Thanks katie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-29-2010, 12:16 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

havent you had any guidance as to how to put it together? your lecturer should have given you some guidance or the university will have a support team for writing.. it it an essay or a report? we spend several weeks teaching academic writing it seems strange your uni hasn't? whats the title?
Unread 12-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a belated welcome to the site.

If you can be a little more specific with what's needed I'm sure those able to help out will drop a reply in.

Enjoy Silkysteps xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

button174 is on a distinguished road

heya thanks for the replay.
the unit is How children learn.
Im getting there a bit more now but am still struggling, we had a bit of guidance, but with it being the first assignment i dont feel aswell as other student that it was enough.
thanks
Unread 01-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by button174 View Post
heya thanks for the replay.
the unit is How children learn.
Im getting there a bit more now but am still struggling, we had a bit of guidance, but with it being the first assignment i dont feel aswell as other student that it was enough.
thanks
I'm glad to hear that you have been given guidance - your tutors will give you as much guidance as they can, and you always have the option of speaking to them afterwards or asking for additional support - but these options have to be initiated by you. You will always feel that the guidance/help is never enough because everything you encounter at the moment seems alien to you; but if the tutors spent all the time giving guidance, you'd never have time for lectures etc.

Your first assignment may seem a struggle because of the uncertainty, but make sure you read everything that has been reccomended and research further by way of books, journals and the internet and keep looking at the criteria of the assignment so you don't deviate from the subject.

I expect you know all this (and more) but you may feel with new university study it appears to go out of your head as soon as you've left the building - but you won't be the only one feeling like that.

As soon as you have handed in your first assignment and got it back, you'll be feeling a lot better and a little more confident about your second assignment.

Good Luck.