Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 02-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

paupatshaco is on a distinguished road
Default 303.2 formative report? how do I start it?

Please help!! I know this may sound like a silly question but I have to write a formative report for my 303.2.....its meant to be an evaluative report for childs family! I have been writing up some observations about the little autistic child that I am observing but to be honest I dont know where to begin.....do I choose an individual activity that I have done with this child and write about it? how do I start it..ie 'Dear Parent'. This child is actually a very loving and well bahaved little child and Im afraid that I wont have much to write about:blush:
I was also wondering how long after do I write the summative report? Can I hand in my 303 to my assessor eventhough I havent done my summative yet?? Will really appreciate any feedback

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya, to link this appropriately can you ask for support from your lead, an sen coordinator or the child's record keeper?

Providing parents with written or verbal reports is as much about using the right words as it is about what your writing about Your littlie has autism probably more than is autistic and it's possible parents may see and want you to see the child before the autism.

If you choose an activity/ies, or use your formative assessments to date, write what it or they are - an introduction: know what it is based on - ie your existing knowledge of the child - likes, dislikes, learning styles, developmental achievements - through your observations, recommendations from other colleagues/professionals. Note how everyone took part in it - how you put it into action - it's implementation. What it was you hoped would be achieved/the activity would provide - and if you feel it was enjoyed.

Summarise or evaluate this by including a note on how you would develop/change the activity for another time eg 'Rather than the table top, next time we'll try the upright easel' & maybe add a box area/empty field for hand written /electronically added feedback.

Depending on the activity, it would be great if you could present the report to parents in a more attractive way - like a greeting card with a photo of the activity just a suggestion xx

as a breakdown, the above sort of transpires to:
Introductions - maybe include that the report is part of your nvq, this would help explain its addition to any ongoing formal report systems your setting has in place
Background information & source - optional to include maybe
Implementation
Learning objectives - possible purpose of the activity or what was enjoyed from the activity.
Success and response
Future development or change
Feedback

Can you ask when your assessor wants to receive the unit and work on that as a time line for the summative report?

I hope this all helps a little, best wishes with it xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:38 PM

noreen is on a distinguished road

hello
hope you can help me i have nearly finished my 303
but i need a little help
plz can someone help me on 303.2.3
also on 303.3.2 i have gone a total blank....
pplz plz help
Unread 06-02-2010, 11:57 PM

noreen is on a distinguished road

im gana cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy