Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Plummie is on a distinguished road

Bless you honey,

We have all been there. I am on the last leg of completing my level 3 in 35 weeks - way too short in my opinion!

There have been times, when i could have cried - but yet I carried on and I can see the end:)

All I really have to do now is finish off my child study, which I am handing in on Wednesday. I have found this part to be the hardest.

I can't help you with your observations - I am pre-school and I did mine on role play and playdough activities

But keep smiling, you do the work everyday - you just have to find a way to write it down for the NVQ - which is not as easy as it sounds. But you can do it:)x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-31-2010, 10:25 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
awh i dont know.the tutor doesnt explain anything great,she assumes you know and then i feel stupid for asking a question.shes also the internal vertifier. my assessor,ive met once for my assessment 2 weeks ago......

the problem is you should know. level 2 covers observation types and methods etcetc this is why we have the different levels. i often despair of having people who havent done a 2 in my classes as i dont have the time to recap things the people who have gone the proper route know and they dont want to be sitting through basics again. BUT if you do lots of reading and research you may be able to catch up/

Last edited by tutu : 01-31-2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: didnt show as a quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

victoriawade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
""awh i dont know.the tutor doesnt explain anything great,she assumes you know and then i feel stupid for asking a question.shes also the internal vertifier. my assessor,ive met once for my assessment 2 weeks ago......""

the problem is you should know. level 2 covers observation types and methods etcetc this is why we have the different levels. i often despair of having people who havent done a 2 in my classes as i dont have the time to recap things the people who have gone the proper route know and they dont want to be sitting through basics again. BUT if you do lots of reading and research you may be able to catch up/
I didnt do level 2,ive got gcses,nvq level 2s and 2 children so i could go straight to level 3.so excuse me if u think i havent went down the proper route.do u need to be scarcastic? im having a **** day,thanks for the support of u other girls.i will get there,its just a matter of putting it down on paper.
Unread 02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
Your fight isn't here with students already placed on pathways they've been told are suitable.

Victoria don't give up its a poop day and I hope this morning feels much better for you. There is the support out there and in here for as much as we can give xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

victoriawade is on a distinguished road

well girls,i was in college last nite and im so glad we didnt start the next unit, the tutor was telling us how to fill in the forms with knowledge specs etc,which means i can get caught up this week :)

i asked her about observations and she passed me on to 1 of the other students......i got a look at hers and know slightly better now what i have to start on 2moro.

phew,just gota battle on,its not long until may! :)
Unread 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM

danette is on a distinguished road

keep on at it you will get there i think we all struggle from time to time, and its not easy when you have kidds in the houes, when you are trying to get the work down on paper.
Unread 02-02-2010, 09:16 PM

Plummie is on a distinguished road

That's great news Victoria.

Just take it one step at a time, you will get there and it will be so worth it.

May is not that far away either, I only have until end of Feb and I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone!! I remember when I first started (I didn't do level 2 either - but have GCSE's, A levels, experience of working in the setting before hand and have 3 children!) and feeling really daunted, now I am just finishing odds and ends

Good luck.x
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tammyuk55 is on a distinguished road

glad your feeling more at ease now hun - if ya need any help or advice we are all here.
ive also got until may to complete and wait for lil 1 to ge in bed before i attempt to do any work so i know how you feel xx
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Excellent, hugs for feeling more in control xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Scotchick

first of all, don't ever feel stupid, your teacher is there to teach you, it is her job to explain it to you in a way that you understand.

secondly, i have been doing this for 2 years now, i did one unit, then another, passed it to my assessor who had it for 14 months! assessor was also my teacher at school, and my friend, my fault, i should have spoken to my IV and got it passed on to someone else, my folder lived on my dining room floor for a while, then got moved to the bedroom, then in a cupboard. we then got a new teacher who was very pro nvq, i have completed 4 more units in 6 months! but there were very very tough days where i just wondered why i had started. it will get better i promise!