Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 09-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

carriesmad is on a distinguished road

I started with 301 and I remember feeling the same as you, it is quite a large unit so it makes you regret starting the thing. Not all units are that big as as you go on you can cross reference certain parts so work does get easier as you go along. This site is fantastic though. If ever you're stuck on one of the knowledge questions just put the reference in the search facility and loads of help will normally come up.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-25-2009, 07:23 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i am baffled. if you have just started then YOU shouldn't be doing anything! your assessor should gather as much evidence as possible through observations then things she cant observe can be covered through PDs RAs and Q and As. i would like to get every lazy sodding assessor (theyre not all bad!) in a room and re teach their A1!!! its their job to find the evidence! argggghhhh
Unread 09-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jellybaby2602 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cward View Post
Hi , l have just started my NVQ 3, never done a NVQ 2 been thrown in at the deep end, its so hard,don't no where to start, none of it makes sence to me, its starting to make me feel stupid. Does anyone out there feel the same.
i have done nvq 2 iam now doing nvq 3 and yes i feel the same we have been told to sart on 304 and i dont have a clue what iam suppose to be doing
Unread 10-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

samanthagardiner is on a distinguished road

I started my level 3 on Monday. I'm doing it part time at college 20 sessions lasting 2 hours each between now and May and the assessor will come out to observe and assess me at work.

I've been given all the legislation to look at and I need to explain them and give examples of how they are applied in my setting. I have until 9th Novemeber to get them done, but they are taking a while to find and summarise.

I did my level 2 through our local county council so it was all done through my assessor, she brought be tasks or set questions to answer.

I wish everyone currently doing their level 3 the best of luck.

Sammy xx
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:31 PM

MumOfGorgeousBoysx is on a distinguished road

Hi im jayne and i have been doing my Nvq 3 CCLD for 5 weeks now, it is pretty difficult to understand i can empathise there!! Im sure with help and support from the lovely people on here we will soon get into the flow
Unread 10-21-2009, 09:46 PM

njs is on a distinguished road

hi i started my level 3 in sept we was told that unit 301 will get covered when we get assesed which is next mth for me have had a few pieces of work marked and put in my folder now
Unread 10-21-2009, 09:56 PM

Lil_Emz is on a distinguished road

see i dont have a set order in what i do things - i can do bits from where ever i want in my nvq lol
Unread 11-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Childminder nvq3 is on a distinguished road

iv started my NVQ 3 and feel lost.... im on 301 but havent got a clue what to do or how to start done some work on 303 iv got to write up about what i do and how i do it???? where do i start and know which bit to start with ie k3p189???? or answer questions??? im a childminder and just started up hope someone can help or its a phone call away 2moz

thanks
Unread 11-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
i am baffled. if you have just started then YOU shouldn't be doing anything! your assessor should gather as much evidence as possible through observations then things she cant observe can be covered through PDs RAs and Q and As. i would like to get every lazy sodding assessor (theyre not all bad!) in a room and re teach their A1!!! its their job to find the evidence! argggghhhh
tutu

Totally agree with your comments. I am an assessor & verifier 301 should definitely be gathered through direct obs whilst observing. I think funding restrictions are causing this. Assessors are being given less & less hours to work with candidates, so relying on paper evidence.

Perhaps awarding bodies should be directed to this site!!
Unread 11-08-2009, 03:25 PM

rlg2706 is on a distinguished road

I've just about finished 301. My assessor has my files for updating right now. If you need help with any particular point, please ask. At times it does seem daunting especially if you have a job and kids too!! Many answers cross reference into other modules which is great and saves time. My advice is to crack on with as much as you can on your own straight away. I didn't as I didn't realise that I could. I thought that I had to have the work set for me to do. I've been doing mine for a year now and still have quite alot to do as my assessor was off sick for a while. But at least it all makes sense now...and it will to you once you get into it. Good Luck.