Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
flyingstart

Default Can any one help!!! 333K16 Turn over rates within other nurseries

I am stuck on 333K16 Turn over rates within other nurseries.
K17 recruitment, selection and retention issues and specific iniatives and arrangements within the industry/sector.
Any information would help. My assessor is due tomorrow am.
Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Kaa

333K16

I covered this in a professional discussion. I run a pre-school and I know from my experence and talking to other pre-schools that because the job is part time, a lot of people work in the pre-schools while their children attend or are young and it fits in with school hours. When the child is older, the staff often want more hours and a higher rate of pay, or go back to their former job.

333K17

I also covered this in a professional discussion. I talked about how I recruite and the problems I have getting qualified staff. Isowed my assessor my recruitment file with policy and documentation in. For example a copy of the application form.
We talked about how I select staff after interview and problems I can have with retention. This could be not feeling part of the team, not reciving training, communication and so on.
Hope this helps
Unread 06-06-2008, 06:40 PM
flyingstart

Thank you for this information sorry its taken me so long I didnt know the reply was there.