Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

hanaaa.a is on a distinguished road
Default Eymp 2, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3

I'm really stuck could anyone help please??

4.1 work alongside children engaging with them in order to support their learning and development.

4.2 Explain the importance of engaging with a child to support sustained shared thinking.

4.3 Use language that is accurate and appropriate in order to support and extend children's learning when undertaking activities.

Any help would be much appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

marieb is on a distinguished road
Default Did u have any help with this, I am also really stuck with this unit . Unit 13 4.1 4.2 and 4.3

Did u have any help with this unit, I am also really stuck with it unit 13 4.1 4.2 and 4.3
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:28 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

criteria 4 MUST be assessed in a real work environment not simulated. You shouldnt be writing about it. this is a cache rule
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieb View Post
Did u have any help with this unit, I am also really stuck with it unit 13 4.1 4.2 and 4.3
Hi, can you get in touch with your assessor to check what they're expecting of you for their visits?

Once confirmed, maybe cover this criteria with reflection, thought about how you do work alongside the children, your body language, where and how you stand, if you attract and maintain eye contact, the words you use - open ended and closed questions, descriptive, naming and mathmatical language, how you ensure children lead their own play and ensure adults are able to step back, not dominate what's going on.

Maybe research the phrase sustained shared thinking.

Open ended questions:
eg.
Why ..
How ..
What ..
I wonder ..

Descriptive language:
eg.
Pretty flower, fluffy brown rabbit, cool wind

Mathmatical and positional language:
eg.
Big, long, shorter, over, under, above, below, tall & taller, wide, length, heavy, light, nearest, furthest, take away, add together ..

Correct grammer, using plurals, past and present tense

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:17 AM

marieb is on a distinguished road

Thank u
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:57 PM

tru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
criteria 4 MUST be assessed in a real work environment not simulated. You shouldnt be writing about it. this is a cache rule
hi is that the rule for all assessors, mine only came to visit once and am nearly finished now,i had to write about 4.2 and 4.3.
Unread 02-15-2012, 11:53 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i spoke to a cache advisor today it says very clearly MUSt be assessed in a work place simulation is not allowed. the ones who do this are lazy assessors and i bet proivate providers who are cutting costs. if they are EVd and it comes to light they will be sanctioned AND students must be more vocal THEY can and should complain to cache
Unread 02-16-2012, 01:38 AM

tru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
i spoke to a cache advisor today it says very clearly MUSt be assessed in a work place simulation is not allowed. the ones who do this are lazy assessors and i bet proivate providers who are cutting costs. if they are EVd and it comes to light they will be sanctioned AND students must be more vocal THEY can and should complain to cache
ok thanks im doing my course with workforce development/northantonshire county council. i have tried asking several times at training sessions about visits and the fact that i have to keep writing about things that say demonstrate/setting based but never really get anywhere :(
Unread 04-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Michelleh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru View Post
ok thanks im doing my course with workforce development/northantonshire county council. i have tried asking several times at training sessions about visits and the fact that i have to keep writing about things that say demonstrate/setting based but never really get anywhere :(

I'm doing a work based course(CYPW Level 3) and my assessor has told me NOT to write anything if the questions starts with DEMONSTRATE as this is where she will observe me.

I'm just doing this unit and already have over half my points needed on questions 4.1 and 4.3 which must have been done with observations.

Hope this helps

Michelle
Unread 08-04-2015, 08:12 PM

aristocrate is on a distinguished road

Maybe rules have changed, because I am writing about this right now, but it is saying 'write answers' in my task... my course will end after 10 days, so I guess no one will come to visit me for these questions :)

has anyone else did the 12 question list? unit 065 (eymp2) - 4.2, 4.3 and unit 068 (eymp5) - 2.1? I am a little bit struggling to find answers in a Penny Tassoni book and I am feeling like answering incorrectly right now..