Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
General question map NVQ CCLD L2 evidence to CCLD L3

I recieved a query a couple of days ago that prompts this ask .. my sincere apologies for preempting any intention of the original contactee xx

What objective thoughts do you have on using a candidate's submitted evidence from a passed certified Lv2 in their ** starting ccld Lv3 - how is it possible to map this and how do you manage the hours involved in reading through candidates observations/statements/knowledge or prefer to begin each level afresh?

Many thanks

Ruth
xx
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 10-26-2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: ** removed the word continuation

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-26-2009, 04:38 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i dont allow it as the knowledge for 2 is so much moire simplistic. at 2 they know what they do at 3 they should know how and why and more how to improve it. and to be honest i have only ever been asked once and that was by someone who was keener on speed than quality. Also if a student did want to x ref they would do the reading and referencing i dont ref level 3 they do it all themselves!
i think we have to stop seeing 3 as a continuation, it isnt its what they should do after going to work as a 2 for a year or so. our college insists on being employed in a 2 3 job and having a 2 already pref for 1 yr at least and our pass rate and drop out rate is extremely low.
Unread 10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

You're right sorry, I've edited my original post to remove continuation.
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road
Default L2 to L3

Hi new on this forum but not to NVQ assessing.

EV's are checking more than ever now that assessors are taking into account a candidate's APA (accredited prior achievement) I agree mapping from L2 to L3 could take a lot of assessor time. The quality of the evidence also depends on the level & experience of the candidate when undertaking L2. Some are straight L2's but others are border line L2/L3. When I plan unit assessment with L3 candidates I ask them to find evidence from L2 which they feel meets the L3 criteria. If this only part meets I will ask them for further evidence at L3 level. Depending on criteria this could mean further direct obs, questioning or professional discussion. Both the APA evidence & new evidence would then be logged.

Hope this makes sense??