Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

HazelP is on a distinguished road
Default unit 203 k2d49

Hi i have written loads for this question (identify activities and equpitment to support childrens play, creativity and learning including how these are used to the best effects 3-7 years) but not sure if i am on the right track!! i have written dressing up, climbing frame, art materials, collecting outside materials leaves etc and lots more and put how they can be used is this the sort of thing they are looking for?

i am also having trouble with how to support children communication in bilingual and multilingual settings, i have got asking parents, multilingual posters/pictures/books, pictures and lables on boxes, singing and rhymes

can any one help please?

Last edited by HazelP : 10-11-2009 at 10:59 PM.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
Default 203 kd249

sounds great you are on the right track and are doing well not much really could be added for mutli languages use a timeline like a pictures of the daily routine.if child learns in this language may be using makaton or sign language with words but this is mainly for a child how doesn'y know much english.have a list of important words in the child's languge from parents or professional help may be a translator

hope this helps

T
Unread 10-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

HazelP is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply, its good know i am on the right track!
Unread 10-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bec2012 is on a distinguished road

Have you got toys for children with special needs a special swing for wheelchairs, a bike with a harness on it, light tubes and sand tables as well as pits etc.

I had to do an extra bit for mine as I should have mentioned cooking and gardening but this might not apply to you!
Unread 11-23-2010, 07:53 PM

jessica is on a distinguished road
I know this sound really really silly but what are we suppose to write for 'how these are used to the best effects', can anyone help ...... please :blush: x
Unread 11-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, using resources to the best effect is to have them available, accessible, ready to go, in a suitable place and everyone knowing what they can be used for - supporting children's play, be suitable for the age range of Children who will use them, be purchased to maybe address specific needs - storage space, disability, learning outcomes, children's needs, developmental needs and checked often for damage/wear and tear.

If you can maybe apply this to how your setting is laid out and how you as staff and the children freely access everything you'll see how the resources are used to their best effect.

A climbing frame is best used in a large area enabling lots of access alongside protective flooring for falls, and where needed, adult assistance for reassurance/guidance. The effect is that those who take part gain physical - gross and fine motor, muscular development/skill, coordination and dexterity. Experience sociable and creative interactions with friends - waiting, taking turns, allowing gos, being inventive with movement & action ..

Hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-24-2010, 11:32 PM

jessica is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for this Ruth, it has pointed me to the right direction x