Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

catpool is on a distinguished road
Default ofsted

Hi I seem to always be asking the same questions but as we are due ofsted any time and it will be my first as manager i am hoping for a good outcome.
Has anyone had an inspection in an asc recently?
What big things are they looking for?
I would just like to know if we are covering everything they wil be looking for and that we are doing everything correctly.!!!

Can anyone help??

Thanks

Catherine

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Karen C is on a distinguished road

Id adivice you to go on the ofsted website hun and look at there recent reports, that way you can see a variety of reports/settings and see what they picked up on or thought was good. xxx
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:52 PM

thanks....i have just been reading an article on the skills active website.........are after school clubs classed as a 'play setting'????
As it says a play setting caring for children over 3years for 2 hours or less can be exempt from the early years register!! does this mean an after school club that is only open for 2 hours??????
Unread 03-09-2010, 03:03 PM

kirkycharlie is on a distinguished road

hi we have just recently had our ofsted and got marked down as we were not ipermentling the eyfs the ofsted said that everything else was great but she was only hear to look at eyfs and out of 16 children we had on that day all she was intrested in was 1 5year old
Unread 03-10-2010, 03:40 PM

Yes this is why I am looking to find out if what I am doing with regards to the EYFS is correct.
Im doing observations and recording them in a daily obs book.Each child has a folder with their stuff in.We do a topic per term and do activities linked if they choose to do them. We have each area covered..i.e....role play,quiet area,mark making etc.
Would just like to know if I am on the right lines for when they come....
Unread 03-10-2010, 03:41 PM

P.S What mark did you recieve forn OFSTED if you dont mind telling????
Thanks
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpool View Post
P.S What mark did you recieve forn OFSTED if you dont mind telling????
Thanks
we got satisfactory how meny members of staff do u have? as we only have two and want to do the eyfs but not as detailed as i do at pre-school no one has told us how to do these so that it is not as much work.
a lot of parents that we have spoke to with children that are the eyfs age have said that they dont want there children have obs ect as they have all this at school
Unread 03-10-2010, 10:25 PM

I have 4 members of staff.Im not sure if our parents are bothered about the EYFS but they are happy with the childcare we provide.I have worked in nurseries so have based what i do around that,but less detail. still not sure im doing it right though.
Why dont your parents want obs doing on their children??Surely its not a bad thing??

Its all soooo confusing!!!
Unread 03-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

there is a bit on the ofsted website about what ofsted are looking for in out of school settings regarding the eyfs......was really useful. we were inspected last summer and got good, how do you provide for eyfs children? how do you ensure activities are appropriate for them etc, i was told to just write down 1 activity that child did a day...ie played with lego but didnt have to say how it linked to eyfs just that i was providing activities to cover all areas of learning and a quick note on next steps for that child....make sure the child has allocated keyworker, even tho it isnt really used!!! feel free to message me for any more info
Unread 03-12-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpool View Post
I have 4 members of staff.Im not sure if our parents are bothered about the EYFS but they are happy with the childcare we provide.I have worked in nurseries so have based what i do around that,but less detail. still not sure im doing it right though.
Why dont your parents want obs doing on their children??Surely its not a bad thing??

Its all soooo confusing!!!
no its not a bad thing its just that the children get all that at school and the parents would rather they come and have fun and not have to sit down and do things they do at school ie number work etc