Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Contributor

lauren.wills is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp 3.1.1-5

could anyone help me with these questions

An explanation of how children and young people's development is influenced by external and personal factors?

An explaination of how current practice is influenced by theories development and frameworls to support development?

i totally dont understand any of this unit

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-23-2011, 09:26 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

have you read this chapter in the textbook it is very simplistic of course just a pointer to the answer but a good beginning.

then think about what influences development ie poverty, health, parents education.

the second part needs a lot of research and reading. you need to consider the different theoretical perspectives and what they say about development and how they are supported by the framework implemented. this is not easy, it is a level so requires a lot of research esp if you havent done the foundation learning of a level 2.
Unread 02-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

onion is on a distinguished road

Hi am also struggling on this unit, it is my first unit and I am feeling completely lost. I end up surrounded by books, and getting nowhere. If the rest of the course is going to be like this, I am not sure if I will get through it
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

laujay is on a distinguished road

Hi, Just wondering if any of you have completed this section? Im struggling too....Im on the 2.2 How family environment and background are influenced by external factors??

Any help you guys could offer will help me so much! xx
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

goingmad is on a distinguished road

I have just had a look at my notes and I did 2.1 and 2.2 together, have had it signed off. For personal I wrote about health, disability, learning difficulties.

For external I covered poverty, children that are in care, family backgrounds, personal choices, education. You need to think about things like what effect these factors will have on a child and their development and why you should be aware of them and support children.

Hope this helps a bit.
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

jessica is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi,

For your first question: An explaination of how children and young people's development is influenced by external and personal factors? For this I wrote about personal factors such as: health status, disability, sensory impairment and learning difficulties, I explained how these factors can have a possible influence on the development of children and young people. For external factors I wrote about: poverty and deprivation, family environment/ background, personal choices, looked after/care status and education.

For your second question: An explaination of how current practice is influenced by theories development and frameworks to support development? For this I worte about theories of development and they include: cognitive, psychoanalytic, humanist, social learning, operant conditioning, behaviourist, social pedology. You will need to briefly explain the theory and explain how it has influenced current practice.

Hope this helps, if not just let me know and I will try my best to help you.