Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-16-2016, 09:32 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

misscow22 is on a distinguished road
Default support assessment for learning

Hi all,
I am doing my course online (worst mistake ever) and for this assignment half of them I have to do observation/witness reports and I am struggling with what to write. Can somebody shed some light on a few of these please?

Use clear language and examples to clarify personalised goals and criteria for assessing progress with learners.

Provide opportunities and encouragement for learners to improve upon their work.
Would this be when I have given them feedback after the event verbally or when I have wrote comments in their work book?

Support learners in using peer assessment and self-assessment to evaluate their learning achievements.

Any advice would be greatly received, thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-16-2016, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you'll need to conduct the observations and ask the appropriate professional to complete the witness reports.

Yes, providing focussed support during activities, giving feedback verbally and in written form helps children to see where they might improve. (page 202)

What does your setting/class teacher use to track learners/children's progress?
How do peers/classmates assess each others work and individual's assess their own work & achievements? (page 203)

If you do have access to this STL level 3 handbook pages 190+ will help

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-17-2016, 07:31 PM

I don't have that book I have the children and young peoples workforce level 2 and the level 3 which I can't find any help from.
I am just struggling with the wording of my observation witness reports and every time I ask my tutor its taking over a week to get any help. I really am beginning to wish I had never started this course and I have just had to pay £100 for an extension am so fed up :(
Unread 06-17-2016, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Hi, is it the Support Teaching and Learning course you're taking, the Children and Young Peoples Workforce course or Early Years Educator?

Observations and witness reports are different products. Have you received any forms from your course provider?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-17-2016, 09:21 PM

I am doing the supporting teaching and learning in schools level 3. I got a template when I first started and it said I could adjust it if I wanted but its just a sheet that says witness/observation statement at the top and three headings,
first a description of the activity undertaken - I would then write down what I have done and the outcome
then it asks for discussion points with supervisor followed by any further action.

I type these out and then my teacher signs them for me.

I really really appreciate you getting back to me so quickly as it has taken six days to get a reply from my tutor who finally emailed me back at 6pm tonight only to tell me they will discuss issues with me next week?!?
Unread 06-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Hi, is it possible you can you sell your level 2 CYPW handbook and purchase the STL level 3? you'll find it much more supportive although there might be times you'll find the CYPW level 3 handbook more relevant.

It sounds like the three criteria you've listed will all be observed and witnessed by your tutor next week?

During an activity they'll observe you using clear language and examples to clarify personalised goals and criteria for assessing progress with learners.

For 'Provide opportunities and encouragement for learners to improve upon their work' your tutor will witness you giving feedback verbally and writing comments in their work book.

Can you think of examples from your classroom where the children use peer assessment and self-assessment to evaluate their learning achievements?

page 201 quote:
Peer Assessment
When planning an activity, it is good practice to allow time, usually at at the end of the session, for reviewing the learning and participation of individual pupils. This may be done individually or as a group review. For example, a group of year 4 pupils may of been designing masks. At the end of the activity they could show their designs and discuss their plans for producing their masks. Discussing their progress in the group will help learners to assess whether they gave met their targets and help them to develop ideas and focus on the next stage of development.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Hi,
yes i am currently bidding on the level 3 book on ebay so fingers crossed.
I don't get observed by my tutor I have to fill those forms in answering those questions and write how i have met that criteria and then I email them off to my tutor as my course in online.
I am okay with the knowledge based questions but it appears that my problems are with the witness statements she keeps telling me to make corrections but not telling me which ones need to be altered. I have submitted one of my units three times now that is why she is finally ringing me next week (who knows when) to help me along.

I will have a look at those questions again thank you for your input
xx
Unread 10-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kayleigh549 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscow22 View Post
Hi,
yes i am currently bidding on the level 3 book on ebay so fingers crossed.
I don't get observed by my tutor I have to fill those forms in answering those questions and write how i have met that criteria and then I email them off to my tutor as my course in online.
I am okay with the knowledge based questions but it appears that my problems are with the witness statements she keeps telling me to make corrections but not telling me which ones need to be altered. I have submitted one of my units three times now that is why she is finally ringing me next week (who knows when) to help me along.

I will have a look at those questions again thank you for your input
xx

OMG I am in the same boat as you! Did you ever get this unit done and signed off? I've just paid for an extension too so I have until April next year but I'm still freaking out that I won't get it done as I have to keep resubmitting stuff
Unread 10-11-2016, 02:48 PM

Hi, yes I finally got that unit signed off but really not much further forward it has taken 3 weeks for them to send my unit back when i only needed to correct a paragraph. I have just submitted another unit and then I have one more to send. I finished my work about two months ago which was a huge relief but its the marking that takes so long as its almost like they wait until the week has passed.
How much have you done?Who are you doing it with?
Its so frustrating as jobs are coming up all the time but I cant say I am qualified as technically I am not
Unread 10-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kayleigh549 is on a distinguished road

Oh that is so disheartening. I'm with uk open college, you?
I thought I'd done 10 of 14 units which were all ready to send in but I got this unit back on assessment for learning (unit 9 for me) and was told all my tasks that need signing were written incorrectly so now I have to redo them all, plus it'll be most of the tasks that need signing in other units too. I'm at my wits end!