Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Day View Post
Hi all,
I've just stated this course and am getting a little concerned after reading all these post. I work full time, have a young family and run a house and am wondering how I am going to fit everything in. I am doing the course purley work based with my accessor coming out to me once every 6 weeks (she said) and have all my assignments sent to me web based, so am feeling a little lonely!! Is it realistic to be able to complete this course in a year doing it this way??
Hi, I am also doing this work based. My assessor comes around every 4-6 weeks. I'm worry whether i'm doing enough at home, though she assures me that i am :-)
I also work full time, have 2 children and a household to run :-)
I'm sure it will all come together and we will all get there. I've been told to allow 16 months to complete.. My assessor says some people do it quicker, others longer.. Hope i'm one of the quicker ones :-)

Wendy.x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Alison Day is on a distinguished road

Finding the time is so difficult, I have a year to complete hope I can stay on top of it all!!
Unread 03-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

butterflies is on a distinguished road

Hello all, I worry about the same thing. I went to 'college' last night and realised that we are 6 months into the course, with 6 months remaining. We attend the drop in once a month for a few hours discussion and have one assessment every 4-6 weeks. One lady on our course is expected to finish in July and the tutor said she expects the rest of us to finish in September!
Unread 03-13-2011, 06:29 PM

derynjoe is on a distinguished road

I am six months in too, my assessor/tutor keeps telling me not to worry, I'm no where near half way through the assisgnments.

Just like she said, now thats it's getting bigger, I'm using my portfolio holistically more so I'm getting through units faster.

If it comes to it I will stay up into the early hours when the deadline starts to loom, tbh I work better under pressure!!!

Keep chipping away!!!!
Unread 06-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

Hi, I started the course in January and to be honest am not finding it too bad, not as bad as i expected..... I've not had any such assignments to write, most of my work has come from observations, professional discussions and cross referencing from my induction workbook... I'm about 65% done and my assessor thinks i'll be finished by christmas with only about another 3 obs needed :-)
Unread 06-17-2011, 09:40 PM

kirsty is on a distinguished road

Hi. Ive completed mine today. Its took me around 7 months but ive had to be focused & committed. I too have young children & i've had to sit up late on many occasions to get my written work done. At one point I really didnt think I could do it but i'm so pleased & proud of myself that I have. Keep going, you will get there.
x x
Unread 06-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

JVBEDDOES is on a distinguished road
Default Very Worried!!

I am very concerned. Again I started this course in Sept 2010. When we first started it was stated that it was an 18 mounth course This however has since been reduced to 12mounths well 10 (sept to July). Since then the date just keeps moving forward.. they are now asking for completed logs to be submitted on the 6th July. This has put a large amount of pressuer on myself and other students. alongside other factors that have arisin for example we had new students starting 5 months into the course which I felt un settled myself and others. Our assessor was not able to start assestments until January. I am due for my final assestment early august and just cant understand how I am going to complete the remaining coursework.
Those of you who say you have had an extention please can I ask how you went about this?
May I also stress I attend college once a week however it occured to me that each week my tutor has beeen dismissing class an Hour early every week since Sept so we have missed Xamount of hours in class I can remember this was discussed and it was suggested we did extra Saturdays in class this never happned. I would appericiate any advice given and would like to appoligse for any grammer mistakes just very tired and Stressed. Good luck to all.
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:08 AM

kas14 is on a distinguished road
Default its not easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by derynjoe View Post
Hello,

I know I shouldn't compare, but I was wondering how new starters (sept 10) were getting along, I cant believe how much research we have to do not to mention the depth of the assignments!!!

We are having 1 unit a week delivered in underpinning sessions, its impossible to produce an assignment (around 10 pages) inbetween sessions beside going to work and looking after the family, so they are piling up eeeek.

Ive had two assignments assessed and one observation so I have two units where all criterias have a mark against them, a start I suppose, I have made decent progress on two other assignments, but about 4 are sat waiting.

Can't help but worry as it's been years since Iv'e studied!! Please don't tell me you have all had 5 units signed off lol:rotfl:
i am a singe mum to four chidren, i aready had a part time job when i started this child care course and now what with doing this and working almost every day in a nursery it is hard but since june last year so thats 7 months i have managed to complete and pass my whole level 2 and have done 9 assignments already on my level 3 so it can be done x
Unread 01-13-2012, 02:43 PM

christine is on a distinguished road

Started the course last april hope to get it done by april this year!!!!. Is anyone else finding it often repeats information. I`ve done alot of x-ref to other units.
Unread 01-13-2012, 03:26 PM

123brodon is on a distinguished road

Hi all, also doing diploma level 3, started 8th September and finish 26th May. Very intense and time consuming. A lot of hours infront of books and/or computer.Have 5 kids work full time, and run a home, will be glad when it is finished (just to get my life back).
Is anyone doing the N.I bases one?