Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

ujala is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I am trying to enroll with East berkshire college Windsor as we live very close but will look at YMCA aswell.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madlou is on a distinguished road

Hi

You can also get your course paid in full if you are receipt of working tax credit and your level of income is below a certain level. This is how I got my course paid for.

Oh and I also have gone straight into the NVQ 3 without having level 2 on the advice of my college.

It is worth remembering that the laws regarding childcare workers are changing and my tutor says that in the near future the lowest level requirement for working in nurseries and schools will be level 3. Although I do not know when this will come into force.
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Plummie is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have just started my level 3 (back in April this year). My local college would not accept me on a level 3 as I am not a supervisor, however the local Adult Education Services were happy to accept me regardless. Do you have a local Adult Education Service where you live? My course is also funded by train to gain - which is fantastic. Good luck.
Unread 06-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Kellmorris is on a distinguished road

You should do level 3 if you have an area of responsibility, eg managing a room or are a childminder. If you do not then you would be best to do level 2, they do not necessarily follow each other, it depends on what your job is. You can do level 2 as a volunteer but not level 3
Unread 06-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

xxclairexx is on a distinguished road

my advice is to do your level 2 as there is people i no who are having to go back to college to do the previous level as they are being told they not fully qualified to do the job they do even though some of them have been doing the job for years.
Unread 06-20-2009, 11:34 PM

ujala is on a distinguished road
I was actually working as a volunteer in a local primary school.I wanted to be a class room teaching assistant.As my degree is in Biology and Geography the headteacher asked me to help in year 2 science class.One of the mother who is my supervisor asked me if I am interested to work in a creche as they needed a child care assistant.I gave my CV and after the interview they offered me the job. Now I really love working with kids. Its a career I never thought of taking seriously but now I feel its really rewarding job.There are children of all ethnic groups and I love to be around them and helping them to learn that's why I want to do nvq's. I got a letter from college and I think next month is my interview with the tutor. As I am not a childminder or supervisor I work with my supervisor in a small creche with the help of one volunteer so my understanding is that college wont let me do nvq3 directly but this year there is no nvq2 in our college only nvq3. I dont know what will my tutor suggest. She might put me on c.pp which i dont want to do as I will have to be off work once a week to go to college.Nvq is in the evening.Does any body have any idea what are the options that my tutor will give me?
Thanks a lot for all your replies and continued support!
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:30 PM

yakidodo is on a distinguished road

I've just seen your post, could I just say that I'm so glad I did my NVQ level 2 CCLD first, at first I tried to talk my college around, to let me go straight to level 3, So glad they said no. Level 2 sets you up for level 3, even though I didn't have a clue what I was doing at first, but I finish this July and got a job sorted for September. Best thing I ever did....Should have done it years ago.
And this is a great site to help you through it.
Unread 06-24-2009, 05:35 PM

maccapacca is on a distinguished road

hi i work in a school nursery as a teaching assistant not in a supervisory role and i went straight in to level 3 also i`m doing my course through adult education not college good luck whatever you decide to do!!
Unread 06-25-2009, 07:36 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

your assessor should be shot. they prob get more money for a level 3 candidate!
Unread 06-25-2009, 08:04 AM

maccapacca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
your assessor should be shot. they prob get more money for a level 3 candidate!
tutu not sure what you mean please explain