Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-09-2006, 05:05 PM
red

as far as i know, the more recent the check was done the more reliable it is, so obviously if a check is 4/5 years old it's not as reliable as a check that was done 2 months ago, guidelines from the agency that we use say that every new member of staff should be checked reguardless of how old or recent their check is.

The problem comes when you have a member of staff who has been with you for several years and you want to renew their check, because as I understand it checks on new members of staff are free, but if you just want to renew a check for an 'old' member of staff you have to pay for it!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-14-2006, 12:29 AM
CBGB

The crb check was origionally intended to save everyone time and effort, it was meant to go with the person wherever they went, different counties and jobs. Someone forgot to mention this and we are still in the same boat as the old police checks they did. At one point I had 5 different checks done on me to say I was safe.