Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 07-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lyns74 is on a distinguished road
Default Nvq 3 Ccld & Gcse

Hiya

I have just had meeting with my assessor,am almost at end of course(thank goodness!) but was told it is requirement of course to have GCSE's in Maths and English,or be working towards these.
This was news to me!!!!
Has enyone heard or been told this?.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-20-2009, 08:08 PM
wishfulsinger01

wot for NVQ level 3....yes i have heard about when ur being enrolled this is a requirement...but not at the end of the course...LOL
Unread 07-20-2009, 08:48 PM

lyns74 is on a distinguished road

I was suprised as i declared what qualifications i had when i started the course 3 years ago.Nothing more was said until today.
Unread 07-21-2009, 08:00 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

rubbish. its equiv to gcses. sounds like she needs a session with her supervisor.
Unread 07-21-2009, 10:04 AM

S4d4f is on a distinguished road

GCSEs...u need 4 an NVQ???

i'd rather do an IT course and show my GCSEs..hehee!!
Unread 07-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

DizzyDora is on a distinguished road

An G/NVQ 3 is equivelent to 2 and1/2 A levels so i guess as such usually before starting a course you are expected to have reached a certain level of education prior to starting it
Unread 07-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Littledee is on a distinguished road

I have gcses in maths (grade b) and english (grade a) as well as 7 other gcses all grade c and above, and 2 a levels... but was told that as they were taken more than 3 years ago, they don't count anymore??!!! So I have now had to do Key skills in Communication and Application of Number, which has involved producing a whole portfolio of work, then sitting 2 exams! Luckily I found out last week that I passed both exams! But I was told that without these I could not successfully complete my CCLD NVQ level 3 and become qualified!???!!!

Anyone else had to do these key skills or heard that GCSEs are out of date after 3 years??!!???
Unread 07-21-2009, 10:35 PM

jackie1307 is on a distinguished road

yes i am doing my nvq level 3 and also assignment 005-009 and doing key skills i was told i had to do this because my GCSEs were out of date. then a while back another staff member started her nvq level 3 and doesnt have to do assignments just the units and found out yesterday she doesnt have to do keyskills even though her GCSEs were years ago i asked assessor why and she said it is all to do with the funding available at the time you sign up which seems very strange to me but nothing i can do about it her nvq will take about 8 months where as mine will take about 18 months
Unread 07-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

SamHill is on a distinguished road

Some of the people on my course had to do core skills in literacy and maths. I passed my 'o' levels 26 years ago but managed to get through on production of my certificates, plus sitting a literacy and numeracy test at the college (got level 3 (I think) on literacy, level 2 in numeracy (technically a fail)! Not sure what the criteria is though, so not much help!

Sam
Unread 08-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

karen26 is on a distinguished road

hi
i have to do the key skills and dreading it, i am rubbish at maths, my assossor left me a sheet on fracions, percentages and ratio just canot get my head round it , and i have to make two list of equipment and compare prices got £500 for each list have u had to do this '
any advise would be very much appriciated
thanks karen