Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 10-07-2008, 07:33 PM
powell

Default what next

hi all , any ideas what i can do next i finish my level 3 soon and want to do something else after

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Lymeleader

i finished my 3 a year ago and I dont know if i should do a level 4 ,or a foundation degree in on open uni, can any one give me any advice on which course to do?
Unread 10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

portchesterqueen is on a distinguished road
Default what to do next

Hi powell and lymeleader (hope i have them right)

I have just started my foundation degree via a college but tied into southampton university.
This foundation degree is 3years part time and then you can do 1 year and finish with a BA Hons degree. If you wanted to you could then do your pgce and get qualified teacher status...if you do not want to do that you can use the degree to open doors in other areas.

The reason i did this was because it is funded by the eecu, they give you up to £750 towards it, per year.
Normally it would cost around £700-£900 per year depending on where you do it. If you go the ou route, from hearsay, there doesn't seem to be the amount of support as going each week and making friends and joining support groups. The work load is huge and having contact with fellow students in the same boat is a huge help.

hope this is of help

Tania
Unread 10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
topaz glam

It all dependds what career path you want to take, which area of childcare you want to work in & how motivated you are to work on your own or if a class is better for you.....

Difficult to advise without any idea of who you are or what you want to do.....
Unread 10-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

i quolified in may this year level 3 cache diploma in cce been working in my current nursery job since then, nov 1st going to be a nanny for new born twins for two years and been accepted for uni so in 2010 going to uni to get my early years QTS and also considering becoming a maternity nurse during my holidays. so you have lots of options really it depends what you like doing and where you want to get to. good luck with everything.
Unread 10-08-2008, 04:28 PM
noah

really does depend on where you see yourself in 5 years time... think about what you feel is right for you and achievable...

Foundation degree is now the route which will give you more opportunities.. it is possible at local colleges.. ours now offers the full course to BA Hons.. in 3 years... but you do not have to do all 3 , end of year one you achieve level 4 so can stop then if you wish.. or continue ...OU may be more flexible but does tend to take longer.. depends on your circumstances and needs..

Good luck with what ever you decide..
Unread 10-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Lymeleader

thanks for the advice guys! i think i will also have a word with Ey team.
Unread 10-08-2008, 08:07 PM
powell

i thought you could only do level 4 if a room leader
Unread 10-09-2008, 12:53 PM
noah

Think this is so for NVQ but not Foundation degree.. just need relevant experience .. and as parts are completed you gain your different levels of qualification level 4 can be after 1 year depending on the provider and timescale they set.