Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

willow412 is on a distinguished road
Default Small setting/resources

Hi I hope someone can advise I work in a small preschool/playgroup and have 2 rooms one for messy play and the other for role play reading numeracy small world. But I am getting so frustrated that one everything is so old but 2 in my mind there's just to much on hand and they're not using any of the equipment properly to benefit from them all the boxes get pulled out and books thrown everywhere. I've tried to tackle this with my colleagues who agree but then nothing changes.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how many things need to be out at once.
Don't get me wrong the setting runs smoothly and we got a good off ofsted so things work ok but we want to make it even better.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I am a childminder so do things slightly differently... but it can be a mistake to have too many things out at once.

Children walk on toys and do not settle properly to engage in deep play because they are constantly distracted.

If you use your continuous provision wisely you will plan your environment to follow children's interests, removing distracting toys, games, books etc but ensuring they are available if children want to access them to extend their interests.

Maybe sit with staff and reflect on how your CP can be used to better meet children's needs and take it from there