Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 08-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

nazish is on a distinguished road
General question cache level 3 diploma - explaining theories of development and frameworks

hi i am new to this site and stuck on a question so plsssssssssss everyone can u help

unit no-cyp core 3.1 2.3
explain how theories of development and framworks to support development influence current practice

i have done the 3 theorists jean piagats which i have to link with nowerdays practice i dont know what to put i have put for this theorist- early years plan activties ,regularly observe children and that they go by the eyfs. for the second one i have done lev vygotsky but dont know how to to link him with practice and the last one i have done is john bowlby attachment for this one i put children have one keyworker who they are attach to. and for the last part i dont understand frameworks to support development i would be really grateful for any ideas thankyou very much

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-29-2011, 12:46 PM

Mags is on a distinguished road

Vygotsky - look at the zone of proximal development and 'scaffolding'.
John B Watson - behaviour psychologist. Check out the Little Albert experiment (videos available if you google)
Ivan Pavlov - expanded on Watson's work.
BF Skinner - operant conditioning
Albert Bandura - social learning theory/Bobo doll experiment (videos available)
Sigmund Freud - personality
Abraham Maslow - motivation and personality/heirarchy of needs

Hope they start you off.

As for frameworks, the EYFS framework, for example... How does this incorparate elements of theories? So after looking at Vygotsky's zone of proximal development, for example, you can see that the eyfs focuses on working closely with children, observing and planning for their development.

Lot of reading to this task!
Unread 08-29-2011, 01:07 PM

thankyou very much mag althgough that help i stuck on how shall i link these 3 theorists that i have mention what we do in our setting for jean piaget i put different types of activties but stuck on lev vygotsky.
Unread 08-29-2011, 01:42 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

have you done any reading nazish? it is essential at this level and this unit you need to make comparisons and critique them to current practice. the linda pound books are good but the jennie lindon one is the best. "understanding child development" you cannot short cut this it is a huge question
Unread 08-29-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazish View Post
thankyou very much mag althgough that help i stuck on how shall i link these 3 theorists that i have mention what we do in our setting for jean piaget i put different types of activties but stuck on lev vygotsky.
If you have a good read about the zone of proximal development and take a bit of time to think about how it transfers to practice you'll see how to link Vygotsky straight away. I can't really help anymore without writing the answers for you but it's not as daunting as it looks! If you can, get hold of some good books or search on google scholar. I spent ages on this task, most of the hours put it were just reading. I actually think I put in more hours than was recommended but if you get the reading out the way and fully understand the theorists at this stage then further tasks will be much easier as you'll already have your theoretical knowledge in place. Have you got the Penny Tassoni book?
Unread 08-29-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
If you have a good read about the zone of proximal development and take a bit of time to think about how it transfers to practice you'll see how to link Vygotsky straight away. I can't really help anymore without writing the answers for you but it's not as daunting as it looks! If you can, get hold of some good books or search on google scholar. I spent ages on this task, most of the hours put it were just reading. I actually think I put in more hours than was recommended but if you get the reading out the way and fully understand the theorists at this stage then further tasks will be much easier as you'll already have your theoretical knowledge in place. Have you got the Penny Tassoni book?
thanks for your reply iv got penny tassoni book its so much information to read i think thats why i am bit confused what to put done anyway cheers 4 that.
Unread 08-29-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazish View Post
thanks for your reply iv got penny tassoni book its so much information to read i think thats why i am bit confused what to put done anyway cheers 4 that.
I seem to be in a constant state of confusion BUT it does all come together eventually! Vygotsky deals with what a child can achieve on their own and what they can achieve with the help of others who are more able. Think about direct teaching and children actively learning on their own.
Unread 08-29-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
I seem to be in a constant state of confusion BUT it does all come together eventually! Vygotsky deals with what a child can achieve on their own and what they can achieve with the help of others who are more able. Think about direct teaching and children actively learning on their own.
will do thanks im doing john bowlby-attachment instead of vygotsky its all coming to me slowly i just dont know what or how muchto put im going to start off n show it to my assessor in 2 weeks time anyway really grateful on your ideas
Unread 04-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

wendy<3 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone, i have found this information helpful too :) x