Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 04-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

sophiewhit is on a distinguished road
Default help

hello im really struggling for ideas for an assessment ive got coming up, its to cover creative development so i was going to go down the music and movent route...... just need some ideas toplay around with please someone help me xxxxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Milly Molly Mandy is on a distinguished road

I've just done mine. We have a pirate and princess theme this term and I did the session in 3 stages over 40 minutes continuous. First phase was creativity - I gave the children option of writing their own story, creating their own play using dress-up box and musical instruments or craft activity making model or collage using various resources. All pirate/princess based. They all went for the craft though some asked if they could write the story at home and bring it in the next day. I had printed some pirate and princess writing paper out to make the activity more attractive. 2nd phase was to re-enact one of the short stories they had had that day using dresss-up and musical instruments. 3rd phase - plenary was to encourage the children to show how they would move if in a ship on rough seas, smooth seas, swamping the deck, climbing to the crow's nest, feeling sea sick etc. Kids loved this bit!. I also asked them for their own suggestions for other movement on ship. They suggested walking the plank and sword fighting. I gave 20 minutes for first session and 10 minutes for last 2 sessions. My assessor loved it! Have you got a particular theme going at the moment and what age are the children?
Unread 04-29-2012, 02:07 PM

thank you so much for your reply, our theme is jungle animals, i just dont know how to bring it all together, musical instruments, making a ju gle or just dancing to music followed by story
Unread 04-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

shellyjoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiewhit View Post
thank you so much for your reply, our theme is jungle animals, i just dont know how to bring it all together, musical instruments, making a ju gle or just dancing to music followed by story
We recently did a jungle theme. We made a display board of different jungle animals, we got the children to make the animals head out of paper plates decorated. They painted large sheets of paper green which were then cut out as big leaves. The heads peaked between the leaves of the jungle so there was no need to get the children to do the bodies.
this was used as the back drop to my activity.

How about providing pictures of different animals and a variety of musical instruments, asking the children which sounds they think could represent sounds for different animal movements.
A rattle could represent slithery snake movements. A whistle or recorder representing a bird flying, a drum represents an elephant marching, a shaker represents a giraffe stretching to eat a leaf of a tree, castanetts could represent a gorilla beating his chest. coconut halves banged together the gallop of a zebra etc.....
Hope this goes well
Unread 04-29-2012, 08:51 PM

wow, thank you so much for all your inspirational ideas ladies, you have got me thinking again, im so worn out thinking about this assesment.
your help is very much appreciated. xxxxxxxx