Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Planning activities themes and topics for preschool early years > ICT

ICT Information, Communication & Technology. Ideas to support activities using programmable toys and computers.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 07-05-2008, 02:41 PM
brock-cruse

Default ICT...any suitable free downloads?

Hi
Our preschool is situated in a village hall and we are unable to get internet access. We have an old battered lap top (bless it!) that we currently use ourselves for forms etc and the children use it to play on. Currently there are quite a few blues clues games downloaded and a couple educational games downloaded from free paper cd. I think there is also a painting programme. I have a few games of my own however they require that the cd be in the laptop. Does anyone know of any suitable games I can download off the internet and could put on the laptop or games that do not require changing cd all the time? Hope you understand what I am saying!
What other ICT things do you do?
Thanks again.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

hils is on a distinguished road

Hi
Do you have access to a memory card....
Our pre-school until recently was not on the internet so I used to download onto a memory stick and them take into school...
If you have a memory stick let me know and I will try and locate the sites I used....
Thanks hils
Unread 07-08-2008, 08:19 PM
brock-cruse

Hi
Yes I have a memory stick which I use for the laptop. Any info appreciated.
Thanks
Unread 07-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

hils is on a distinguished road

Hi
have some of the sites I usede...you can download them onto memory stick ...(I am trying to locate the stick so I can find the other sites)

http://www.crickweb.co.uk/Early-Years.html

http://www.priorywoods.middlesbrough...programres.htm

http://www.halley.towerhamlets.sch.uk/useful.htm

Hope these help if you need any further do ask.
thanks Hils