Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 06-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twinthing is on a distinguished road
Default work along side another setting......

HI I am hoping someone here will give me some information....I have just had a new little boy start at our preschool and I am his keyworker....he currently attends another nursery thats local to his mums work and has done since he was 18months. I dont have any experience in working along side another setting and wonder how others do this in their settings...he only comes to us for 1 morning a week and I would like to see the sort of things he does at his other setting and share information on his next steps and learning journey.
Mum says she has never seen a learning journal from the other setting so it should be quite intresting....I update mine every six weeks and meet with parents every half term.
Any ideas would be greatfully accetpted, what you do at your setting ect ...thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-10-2011, 04:46 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

key PERSON, every 6 weeks! why not daily, why do YOU update why not the children and parents and yes just ring them after getting mums permission and ask for a profile all perfectly normal and dont gloat!
Unread 06-10-2011, 04:59 PM

I do talk to parents daily, and share the journals with the children and parents whenever I add to it....oh sorry for saying key worker and not person! I didnt realise that was wrong! thanks, I will speak to mum and ask permission, give them a ring and it will be hard but ....lol I won't gloat.
Unread 06-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

mummyclaire is on a distinguished road

Hi twinthing, The key persons at my setting also update the children's learning journals every term (although it's the children's work that goes in), We put in any info on new observations and planning for that child.The parents can also at any time take their childs journal home and add to it. My setting has 2 buildings, one for the day nursery and creche and the other is the nursery, we have children from the creche and day nursery visit us in the nursery as most of them will attend the nursery once they are at the right age. At the moment we have a little girl who attends the creche for 3 days and the nursery for two days, the learning journals from the day nursery and creche are different from our nursery ones. When the child leaves the day nursery they will take their journal home for good and will get a new one from the nursery. The new key person will meet with the child and the day nursery key person on a regular basis before the child starts at the nursery and the new key person will have the journal to look through before it goes home, any planning and observations are photocopied and sent over for the new key person to see where the child is at in their learning.. Hope this makes sense, might not be very useful :sorry:
Unread 06-10-2011, 05:12 PM

thanks for your reply.....the little boy in question is attending both settings now so its the sharing information with another settting thats new to me...:) a phone call is in order I think...:)