Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 08-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kisslinzi is on a distinguished road
Default plz help nearly finished unit 303 K3D218

this site has really helped me with the course just a few bits to tye up then finished hopefully need help with K3D218

number 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 16,17,18,19

any help with be fantastic

thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jennifire is on a distinguished road

hey, for number 5 i just explained why children need key workers, i.e to help settle in, to reassure them, feeling safe and secure. physical contact such as hugs are useful, if child carers do not provide this then children will not be reassured and may not want to come to nursery etc.

12. babies and toddlers learn about textures, cause and effect and being independent. Sensory activities promote co-ordination, fine motor development and help babies to concentrate. Gloop, cooked pasta and water can help encourage sensory learning.

hope these two help a bit, I don't know if they are right but I only done them today myself! Bu now am stuck on all of the others you have listed and some of the others!!
Unread 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM

kisslinzi is on a distinguished road

thanks for your help.
Unread 02-14-2010, 10:05 PM

Karen C is on a distinguished road

is it just me or is 218 just worded in a horrible way that makes you go ummmmmm! has any one else done tech cert and cross referenced any of the questions?
Unread 02-20-2010, 01:55 PM

gmslizzy is on a distinguished road

hi i have just joined this site and i must say wat a fab site im doing nvq3 ccld but started 3 months late so have a lot of catching up to do...!
Unread 06-30-2010, 05:39 PM

lou.me is on a distinguished road
General question k3d218.14

I'm really stuck on this one, can anybody help to inspire me please.
Unread 06-30-2010, 06:03 PM

trace_80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou.me View Post
I'm really stuck on this one, can anybody help to inspire me please.
What is the question?
Unread 06-30-2010, 06:17 PM

trace_80 is on a distinguished road

no worries i got it.
you could say you provide an enviroment that allows the children to explore and play and do different activities with the children to encourage creativity..
For example

You could say you plan activites for the children to do such as mark making with crayons paints and other materials.
You could Invite puppets to talk with children and help them learn new songs and finger plays.
you could also say you plan activites for the children that encourage movement like dancing to music.
I did a sensory board for the children in my setting it was a beach theme done in bright colours using different textures and the children helped decorate the fish using paint, glue,tissue paper etc.
I hope this helps you.
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:23 PM

fluffy bunny is on a distinguished road

Hi ladies, i gather you having a bit of trouble with some of the questions!! Your right they arent exactly in plain english!! I'll see if i can help you

k3d218-7 i answered this by talking about the setting i work in, how we have intial visits then the children come into creche and are left by there parent/carer. I talked about how we encourage indepenence by the range of activities we offer and we get down and play with the baby/child find out their interests. i also talked about how we pacify the baby/child if they are a little distressed as they have been used to their primary carers until they come to the setting.

k3d218-8 i explained about the environment that i provide in my setting that is baby and child friendly and is risk assessed on a daily basis. All dangerous substances are kept away from the children. How we have designated first aiders although all staff have first aid certificates. The room is monitored constantly for spills. We make sure the benches are cleaned with anti-bacterial spray that is obviously kept away from the children. All tables and equipment are age and stage appropriate and they are free of sharp corners and we also have safety plugs. The baby area is cushioned with soft covers on, the toys are bought from a reputable source and display the safety marks.

k3d218-13 I talked about any activities which are repetative in anyway ie singing the same songs a few times on a regular basis will encourage communication and language development. Puzzles and shape sorters used regularly or doing it once for the child then letting the child have ago a few times wil develop their skills further.

K3d218-14 I explained that my setting gets babies and children involved at an early age through painting and paper exploration of colour texture and we do this through finger painting. We also have spagetti cooked and dry for the children to explore as well as clay,play dough and jelly. Musical instruments is another area which we encourage this is good for exploring sound, rhythm and beat.

k3d218-16 I talked how we welcome children into the setting with a welcome song and for the children who dont have english as a first language (ESOL)the staff learnt how to say hello in turkish, so we could greet the children. We encourage the children to express their feelings and view in words. It is important to promote positive images of all people reflecting the wider society. The setting has books that reflect different cultures as well as computer programmes for the children to access they can match the person to the job (the characters have different uniforms on ie police, nurse etc). We have different dressing up clothes in the home area that reflect diversity as will as different foods for the children to play with such as spagetti, pizza etc. Activities can be adapted to include all for example a child that wants to paint and has a lack of grip in their hands may benefit from bigger brushes or using their fingers. Tidy up time this promotes logic and reasoning about where things fit or are kept.

K3d218-17 All children learn best through activities and experiences that engage all of the senses for example music, dance, rhymes and songs play a key role in language and development this is covered in EYFS
music, dance, rhymes and songs can help with numeracy.
As children develop speaking and listening skills they build the foundations for literacy and making sense of visual and verbal signs then ultimately for reading and writing. Children need lots of opportunities to interact with others as they can develop their skills and to use a wide variety of resources for expressing understanding, including mark making, drawing, modelling, reading and writing. Then i went on to explain what babies of 0-11 months may do and how to encourage it as well as providing activities for them to access. I did this upto 3years old.

K3d218-18 I talked about how we dont use tv/video's in my area, but sometimes in the statutory nursery they may show a programme for the children at the end of term as a treat. Its all hands on playing etc.

k3d218-19 I went on explain at the various stages upto 3yrs old how babies and children may express their feelings and communicate. Babies will cry whereas a 3yr old will be able to tell you. We do lots of repetition with songs, stories and rhymes.
0-3 babies will cry to express their feelings. they learn to recognise the sound of their parents/carers voice through listening. They can be soothed with gentle tones.
3-6 months babies start to make a range of playful short sounds. They enjoy vocal exchanges, join in with babies playful babbles repeating the sounds back to them. continue to talk to babies frequently engage them in conversation, allow baby time to reply then answer them. use facial expressions and body language when babies communicate their distress to you.
6-12 months babies learn to use sound deliberately to get attention or to imitate. By 12 months most babies understand the meaning of around 15-20 words. Keep talking with babies and sing simple songs and rhymes. as babies learn to clap they can join in with pat-a-cake rhymes.
12-18 months babies learn to say single words around 12 months although only parents/carer may understand them. Keep encouraging babies and repeat words and songs. babies enjoy learning the names of objects they see in pictures and they enjoy the sounds that familiar animals make.
18-24 months children start to use 2 words together first and then begin to say simple phrases. Most children can communicate their meaning by 2yrs or shortly after. children learn approx 20 new words a month. ensure you reply to children when they talk to you, taking what they say seriously even if words are missing. give then plenty of opportunity to interact with their peers. read short simple stories and sing familiar songs slowly they may join in with the words they know.
2-3yrs children speak in simple sentences. they asked questions such what/where and why. give children time to talk and answer and questions should always be answered even if they are repetitive. Introduce children to expressive words to describe feelings eg happy, sad, wet, dry etc. Most children can talk fluently by the age of 5yrs. Children are not expected to read and write in the under 3 range however, children under 3 can be encouraged to develop an interest in books this will provide motivation to learn to read later on. children under 3 can be encouraged to make marks. in time children learn to make finer marks, and eventually they are able to write letters and words.

I hope this has helped you all gud luk

fluffy bunny
Unread 07-01-2010, 01:53 PM

lou.me is on a distinguished road

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH Tracey 80 and Fluffy bunny, you are stars