Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent Partnerships

Parent Partnerships Early Years interviews, appraisals, building partnerships with parents, carers and your local extended community. Share ideas to help support staff in working together and in identifying stakeholders. Please use this forum to discuss solutions, problem solving and linking experiences ...

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-28-2006, 08:38 PM
sian

staff grievances/conflicts

i hav nearly finished nvq3 and need a little help with optional unit 4. i need to provide a written procedure for managing staff conflict and i am unable to locate one. can you help? please!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-28-2006, 10:29 PM
cybertwin

Hi and welcome

i shall take a look through my ploicies on monday, we must have one!! just dont have it on this pc

Sarah
Unread 04-29-2006, 02:37 PM
sian

Crossfingers staff grievances

thankyou. look forward to hearing from you
sian:
Unread 05-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

We did ours in January with help from the PLA.If you pm me with your address I can send you a copy of what the PLA gave me if you like. FARLEYS
Unread 06-21-2006, 09:40 PM
nina228

Reply:

Hunni, you should ask my manager, she seems to be up on ideas for dealing with staff morale/conflict at the moment although I am not sure she is going about it the right way...
Her attitude is that if you don't get on with someone for whatever reason you should be thrown together during staff changes and be made to work together in the same area even though you know you've already tried and can't. This leads to staff unhappiness and staff leaving (which has already happened!)
Sorry I can't be of much help, I will have a look for the information you need. And sorry for moaning but it just winds me up when you really enjoy your work and then the above happens and you dread getting up in the morning knowing you have to go in and face that. :weepy:
Unread 06-23-2006, 07:06 PM
cottontop

Wide Eyed Nina...

Heya Nina, sorry for what is happening at your workplace, its obviously upsetting you and I can see why but have you tried talking to your manager? Maybe she's doing it to try and help you both work out the situation because obviously there is tension between you and this other staff member. It may be worth speaking in detail with your manager to explain exactly how you feel. It's not worth leaving until you've at least tried. Plus what damage can talking to your boss do if you already dread getting up in the morning etc. Hope this helps. Love C.T. xx
Unread 06-23-2006, 08:07 PM
nina228

Default Maybe

Thank you for yur reply CT, I never thought about it that way but still, I feel so ill when I'm around her because she pulls me up for everything and any ideas I have she just dismisses. I end up snapping at her and then my manager is really funny with me for "being unprofessional" and I get so upset I can't explain why I snap. My manager must think I'm a right cow because she mainly see's my negativity. I don't know what ur manager is like but I don't think I could talk to mine. She's always on courses or running the other settings she owns. How would I go about telling her how upset I am?
Unread 07-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

nina ...heres hoping you have been able to talk with your manager...if not..you must arrange a time to discuss these issues with her...after all part of her role as your manager is to listen/support and respect your views....are you working in a private or committee run setting?..
sometimes having a 3rd party present helps...but you must talk..otherwise how can she appreciate whats going on?...and remember..shes human too!!