Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
s6srk

Hi there where can i get the information from for laissez faire approach and to answer your question i would use vygotsky.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

you could try googling "managment styles" or "parenting styles" its the style where the manager or parent is more laid back and gives the child or employees more freedom to do what they want.

Theorists on free play are francis frobel, margret mcmillan, piaget and bruner as well as the ones others above mentiontioned such as maria montassori who all say play/exploration and experiances are important.

if you were talking about the effects the Laissez Faire approach has you could introduce Bandura and copying/observational learning.
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

'laissez-faire' is an approach that could be applied to any area of life.

It appeared firstly within Economic's and its 'strategy is the founding idea that for underlying prosperity and growth free trade should be allowed to proceed at its own pace and direction - without any interference.
Source: Wikipedia - Laissez faire

Quote:
The term "laissez-faire" is used to describe an economic system where the government intervene as little as possible and leave the private sector to organise most economic activity through markets. Classical economists were great advocates of a laissez-faire system with minimal government intervention. They believed free markets were the best organisers of economic activity.
Source: Bized.co.uk - Glossary

If you apply this to play, it would recommend removing the barriers of discrimination, opposition and any other naturally/artificially imposed restrictions - allowing and encouraging complete self sustained growth & development .. which is (debatably) seen as being the way forward...

French origin - 'Allow to do'
Source: Oxford Dictionary.com

Maria Montessori pedagogy

Possibly look at what home schooling activities and Primary / School timetables have in common and also maybe look to what insurance based health care has in line with the NHS service

Imo, Laissez faire is a possible ideal where boundaries exist to protect and support .. which in turn might contradict the core element of the term in the first place !!?

I have no idea if this helps sorry
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

posh83 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfllutterby View Post
Thank for the info. I googled the name and found a book which i could view on line at last i can move on :
Hi Butterflyfllutterby i was wondering if u could help me im doing my unit 403 and im trying to find infornation on montessorri, and laissez faire approch, what was the web address that u looked on which had the book which you viewd online.
I cant find anything which i dont have 2 buy??