Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > ERR & induction standards

ERR & induction standards Please use this forum to discuss workplace induction standards and employment rights and responsibilities - E.R.R. workbook

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tlr.x is on a distinguished road
Default Manual handling..

The question is;

Describe three risks that you have to assess before beginning a moving, lifting and handling task.
- how would you record that you have thought about and assessed these risks?

I have identified the risks, but in my setting we don't/I have never been told of any recordings regarding manual handling? If we did, there would be stacks upon stacks of papers because we are always picking up children.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

charlotte1001 is on a distinguished road

Im not sure but would this just be mentioned in a risk assessment. (I dont think) we record this either but its what i would imagine would happen if we did, it seems like the only possible answer and i suppose most common sense one but i wouldnt like to be sure.
Sorry for the not much help
Unread 03-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

pirate is on a distinguished road

We don't have a way of recording it either and we do a lot of lifting, I suppose a generic risk assessment sheet with attached sheet with date, child's name, your initials and a tick box to show you have done the risk assessment.

Hope it helps.