Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kerrylou89 is on a distinguished road
General question a little help please??

Been stuck on this question for ages. Its Unit CCLD 301, element 301.4 ive managed to do 1 & 2 but struggling on 3,4,5,6

3. Respond to other adults requests for information accurately within agreed boundaries of confidentiality

4. actively listen to other adults, asking questions and clarifying and confirming key points

5. recognise when there are communication difficulties and adapt the way you communicate accordingly

6. handle any disagreements with other adults in a way that will maintain a positive relastionship

ive searched through and couldnt find any other threads asking this, if there is sorry for duplicating, thanks guys :) x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Hi,
3. I think this about you sharing information about a child and remembering confidentiality - so who and what would you share?

i.e. You would share a child's progress with a parents, colleagues (and with their consent) other professionals. You will normally have consent forms signed by parents to involve outside agencies and you would always ask/inform them of everything that concerns their child.

Information but always be factual so that it is accurate i.e. if a child fell fall a climbing frame a Doctor would need to know factually and not guesswork which arm they fell on.

If you had sensitive information, (i.e. abuse) you would share this with your manager and no one else and she would then follow your setting's policies and any procedures (concerning authority/bodies) that may be needed.

4. Active listening - always making sure you have understood what you need to know, not just 'half' listening, if not, ask and clarify i.e. if a colleague is asking you to administer a child's medicine, there will also be paperwork but they may be telling you how best to comfort a child ( give them their teddy etc) or something they feel you should know, or they must be given that medicine every three hours without fail etc

5. Recognise when there are comunication difficulties - make sure when you are speaking to someone that they understand what you are telling or wanting from them. If a colleague is hard of hearing (generally or because of a heavy cold) you would not whisper something that was barely audible to them, so they don't hear and don't do what is required.

6. Handle any disagreements in a way that will remain positive relationships:

Perhaps this maybe over a method of implementing an activity - you can use both methods as this will confuse young children, but you could agree to try out a colleagues new idea by saying something like " We'll try it your way, it may work out better" rather than say " I think my way is better" by saying 'try', it is easier to say, never mind, it was a good idea to think of fresh methods and projects as by evaluating and trying different ways we continually progress and are open to new ideas.

You could also suggest that you have a regular (if you weren't) staff meeting where you all discuss different ideas/methods and procedures rather than just planning, so that you all feel more of a team amd are more likely to work in harmony.

There are lots of other reasons, but I hope these suggestions help you on your way to answering the question.
Unread 08-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kerrylou89 is on a distinguished road

yay thank you much appreciated