Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kellsi90 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 008 task biii

can anybody help me on this question i am really stuck and my tutor is coming tomorrow.

explain the role of the childcare practitioner and other professionals in assessing and profiling development and when and where any concerns about development should be referred.

any help would be appriciated thanks.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, my understanding of this is that the role of assessing & profiling is to evidence your knowledge of an individual Child in order to provide reources, services, help & support where considered necessary.

Another way to look at it is that it may also be used to see how a child's development fits with what's already being provided - enabling a setting to improve/adapt provision to fit/meet the child's needs.

Refferals would be in line with developmental 'norms - where a child has yet to reach milestones or fluency you may consider refferal or looking for professional advice - which in turn would be in line with your setting's own refferal contacts/procedure.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-24-2010, 01:16 PM

thank you but im still not sure on what the question is asking me to write
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi sorry, its asking you to examine what profiling and assessing means, what your role as a childcare practitioner is in it all, and why you would refer concerns.

It may help if you have a copy of your policies & see what they state as the procedure for refferal.

Profile - biographical sketch from free dictionary.com and assessment from wikipedia

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-24-2010, 03:19 PM

thank you this has really helped me now. i can finally answer the question now