Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 10-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sian-Natasha is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Help just started my nvq 3 & im stuck

hello, I have just started my nvq leave 3 in child care and im finding it very overwhelming. ( as im not good a paper work)

im stuck on a question which is EYE2 outcome 1 and don't even no how to start or what half of it means

explain the holistic development of children covering all of the development aspects from birth -7years these should include: pre and post-natal neurological and brain development, physical , communication, intellectual/cognitive development and pse
then I have to right a few paragraphs to explain the difference between the sequence of development and the rate of development and why the difference is so important to observing and assessing children's development

help please

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a very warm welcome to the site. This criteria involves more research and study than can be put in a single reply xx

How often are you able to attend tutor group meetings or lectures for your level 3 and what handbook has your course provider recommended?

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-18-2015, 09:57 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Care-Worker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian-Natasha View Post
hello, I have just started my nvq leave 3 in child care and im finding it very overwhelming. ( as im not good a paper work)

im stuck on a question which is EYE2 outcome 1 and don't even no how to start or what half of it means

explain the holistic development of children covering all of the development aspects from birth -7years these should include: pre and post-natal neurological and brain development, physical , communication, intellectual/cognitive development and pse
then I have to right a few paragraphs to explain the difference between the sequence of development and the rate of development and why the difference is so important to observing and assessing children's development

help please
My experience of the course so far has been that you are simply expected to regurgitate the corresponding paragraphs from the textbook in your own words. Are you on the work based level-3?
Unread 10-19-2015, 12:00 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

maybe you should rethink and do the level 2 first? it is the best way to learn
Unread 10-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sian-Natasha is on a distinguished road

Thank you for everyone reply. I'm working in a setting doing 42 hours a week, which I have worked at for 5 years. So they put me straight into level 3 . I have to my key children paper work too and my assessor only comes see me every 4-5weeks. I'm not very intellectual and both are doing practical work. So just finding it really hard. The hand book on which they gave me is called a epp I think, but a friend gave me her old textbooks too.
Unread 10-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, you can research the brain development of a baby in your handbook, from there you can write a summary of what you learnt.

Page 23 and 24 of the EYE handbook explains how the brain grows and how it is thought that most of the brain cells are formed before birth (pre-natal) but that the connections among those cells are made during infancy and early childhood (post-natal)

Use the index in the textbook you say you have and see if brain development is listed.

You'll need to reference where your information is from so reliable, good sources are needed.
the cost of ad blockers