Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 06-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Bullster is on a distinguished road
Childrens and young people workforce L2

Hey all out there, I am new to this site and think its quite amazing. How did I not know about it before?? I have recenctly started the new Childrens and Young People's workforce Level 2 and have found it a bit challenging. Is anyone else finding the same thing. There seems to be more written work than actual on the job observations which to me seems a little upside down.

I am hoping that I can call upon a few of your experiences should I need to. People seem friendly enough from what I have been reading I really hope this is the case should I ever need any help..

Ta Ta for now

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:01 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

chrystal1975 is on a distinguished road

hi i have just started this course too, alot different to level 1.!!!! i have looked at the workbook and thought omg i cant do this.. have you felt the same???? i think its the way the questions are worded.... i have just done the very first section communication and then jumped to diversity/inclusion/equality etc..... i have a feeling i will be on this site quite alot! lol
Unread 08-01-2011, 07:49 PM

Coco is on a distinguished road

Hi, ive not long started level 2 aswell, am getting bit stuck on quite a few questions, not sure how much meant to be writing etc and finding info is challenging!!!

Best of luck x
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

babybilly is on a distinguished road

Hi just wondering how you are finding the course? I'm hoping to start mine next week really looking forward to it would love to hear from anyone about to start or already started.

Trace xx
Unread 09-27-2011, 03:42 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

good for you lot!!!! you are doing it EXACTLY right so many people think that they have the practical experience and can jump to level 3 and they never gain the knowledge the level 2 so crucially gives. take your time enjoy it and small steps. the biggest hint i can give is read read read!
bullster it has gone back to a more academic approach as the nvq produced people who could do the job but often more than often didnt know why they were doing things, this course is far far better. you will be fine!
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:52 PM

Hi All, when I 1st started this course I felt very overwhelmed by the amount of work I thought that I would need to do but soon learned that as long as you cover the points you are being asked about in your assignments and don't waffle on too much it is alot less stressful. I am about to be signed off for Level 2 so if there is anything that I can help you with then give me a shout. Good luck to all who are just starting the course the hard work will be well worth it in the end
Unread 11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Liz1972 is on a distinguished road

I am doing the cache level 2 equality and diversity not sure on 2 questions what acts or codes of practice enforce equality of access and how can i ensure children have access to learning activities
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:17 PM

OMG I have qualified today......so so so happy, goodbye assesments, oh hold on hello level 3 assignments ;-)
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:22 PM

SHAKALAKABOOMBOOM is on a distinguished road

aww congratts..... we are all here to help with level 3 lolzzz... thats if you need any :)...