Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 09-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kerrylou89 is on a distinguished road
Default Some help please.. :)

1. Provide information for children, families and communities that promotes participation and equality of
access
2. Implement transparent procedures and information about access to provision to meet the needs of all
children
3. Welcome children from all backgrounds, ensuring barriers to participation are identified and removed
4. Seek and respect the views and preferences of children, adapting your practice to the child's age,
needs and abilities
5. Involve all relevant local community groups in the setting or service and provide information on local
community resources
6. Find appropriate ways to provide information about equality of access to children and families who
have found services hard to access
7. Provide information to children about their rights and responsibilities in the context of your setting

have edited it as i put the wrong information in 3 times now haha, im too blonde :)

any help would be appreciated x

Last edited by kerrylou89 : 09-07-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: forgotten info

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

shells and bells is on a distinguished road

Hi Kerry Lou,
Im doing this unit at the mo. Access is defined as opportunity to participate in the book that I have.
1. is about the information your setting provides, i.e. community groups etc.
2. is about allowing any info on children to be seen if required by parents/carers, i.e. medical records you may hold, any reports or details you may have written.
3. making sure your setting caters for all the community, i.e info in different languages, at meetings someone to interpret, explaining to parents/carers any info should they have themselves problems with literacy. worth mentioning augmentive communications if necessary (disabled parents/carers or members of family that may attend meeting).
4. asking children what they would prefer to do, activity: painting 'what colour would you like to paint your flower?, letting them do things the way they want, not how you would like it to be done.
5.information boards advertising community groups, parent support etc
6. as above and ways to provide information i.e different languages, different communication methods, also to provide information in their settings, i.e. local halls, community meetings halls etc.
7. respecting others boundaries of the setting, rights regarding their own body, dignity for children that need personal care.

I hope that the above makes sense.