Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sianio is on a distinguished road
Help SOS need help on units 303 and 309

hi im new here but have had a lot of help from just browsing the site. and just want to say it's amazing that there is help here as my assessor is the most unhelpful person going. i ask for help and she just doesnt .

im stuck on a long term observation of a child which i have already got wrong once. it is making my head spin.

and second thing is unit 309. i have done my medium term plan but just a head block on one question.

Factors which effect how plans are implamented.
i have got to list 6 with breif explainations. am i right in thinking factors like... if i plan a visit somewhere and its snowing which means we cant go and if i have plan a visitor and they have to cancel? childrens interests change? argh!!

please someone help!!

Many thaks Sian x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Magic Sue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianio View Post
hi im new here but have had a lot of help from just browsing the site. and just want to say it's amazing that there is help here as my assessor is the most unhelpful person going. i ask for help and she just doesnt .

im stuck on a long term observation of a child which i have already got wrong once. it is making my head spin.

and second thing is unit 309. i have done my medium term plan but just a head block on one question.

Factors which effect how plans are implamented.
i have got to list 6 with breif explainations. am i right in thinking factors like... if i plan a visit somewhere and its snowing which means we cant go and if i have plan a visitor and they have to cancel? childrens interests change? argh!!

please someone help!!

Many thaks Sian x
Hi, This all rings a bell when I did my NVQ and I think your on the right track, I remember something about when a child may be feeling unwell or fall asleep etc so I think you may be right about the other factors aswell, hope this is of some help, please let me know how you get on, thanks, good luck
Unread 01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

to be fair an assessor isn't there to help you. her job is to assess your competence, if you have to ask for hep, explanations etc then she will asses that you dont understand what is asked of you and she cannot assess you as competent. your tutor is the person who should hep you, if you are doing train to gain then your manager but they rarely do as they choose t to g cos it is cheap not cos its good.
you seem you have the gist of the changes one tho
Unread 01-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

You may also need to adapt the plan if the children lose interest or go off at their own angle.

Don,t forget to make provisions for any in your group that may need extra help due to special needs. That would effect HOW you implemented your plan. Its about how you put that plan in to action and how you may need to adapt that. e.g If it was a plan for an activity outside and weather doesnt permit ...... could you move it inside??? If so How???

Hope this gives you some pointers