Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Unit 418 Question K4D1045

HOW TO INVOLVE CHILDREN AND FAMILIES IN WAYS THAT ARE POSITIVE AND BENEFICIAL TO THEM AND TO THE SETTING

Hi just wondering if anyone has any more information regarding this question, any help and input would be appreciated. I do have some knowledge but i am interested in others point of view :idea:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfllutterby View Post
HOW TO INVOLVE CHILDREN AND FAMILIES IN WAYS THAT ARE POSITIVE AND BENEFICIAL TO THEM AND TO THE SETTING

Hi just wondering if anyone has any more information regarding this question, any help and input would be appreciated. I do have some knowledge but i am interested in others point of view :idea:
I wrote along the lines of:
We can involve parents by sending out the ofsted questionnaires on the 1st day ofsted visit, we can show ofsted our own questionnaire that we send out generally, We need to talk to children about the ofsted inspector and introduce them to him/her, so they feel they happier with the stranger in their setting.
Parents need to be encouraged to talk to the inspector this will help with the inspectors findings regarding parental involvement. Following the inspection process parents need to receive a copy of the inspectors report and be encouraged to help with any actions/improvements, Parents should be asked to come and attend a meeting to publicise the inspection result and photos for the local paper.
hope thats useful
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
I wrote along the lines of:
We can involve parents by sending out the ofsted questionnaires on the 1st day ofsted visit, we can show ofsted our own questionnaire that we send out generally, We need to talk to children about the ofsted inspector and introduce them to him/her, so they feel they happier with the stranger in their setting.
Parents need to be encouraged to talk to the inspector this will help with the inspectors findings regarding parental involvement. Following the inspection process parents need to receive a copy of the inspectors report and be encouraged to help with any actions/improvements, Parents should be asked to come and attend a meeting to publicise the inspection result and photos for the local paper.
hope thats useful
Thanks Brandy that is really helpful
Unread 07-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lucy is on a distinguished road

Just came across this topic as i am working on this unit at the moment and thought i should add that this was really helpful. Thanks Brandy
Unread 07-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

thers not only ofsted reports parents can be involved in, they can be inolved in trips, parents evenings, writing policies, open days, charity events, speaking and listening activities-e. getting them to come in and talk about their job or food from their culture etc, they can be involved by the seting sending diaries home about the child, by having good communication, by allowing them to attend some meetings, nights out on accasion also gets the parents to feel more comfortable so they become more involved, gettin them to help with topics-bring things in etc, sponsership of the child in an event raising money for the setting, allowing parents and families to help decide what goes on the news letter, making birthday cards for main carers from the child, having a suggestion box, asking parents to collect the tesco vouchers, also have a parents policy. having all these things in place, doing displays-family trees or of childrens families pets etc will show ofsted parents are involved a lot
Unread 02-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sazzle is on a distinguished road

re: the above post

Is it necessary to talk about all the things parents are involved in? I was under the impression the unit was purely about registration and inspection, and policies?