Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

karka is on a distinguished road
Default Study House level 3 course

Can anyone help????????? I am just wondering how to answer questions like: 'Demonstrate strategies for minimising disruption through inappropriate behaviour of children' or 'Provide support for colleagues to deal inappropriate behaviour of children'. Can anyone tell me what evidence to use? Will a report be enough? I only do volunteering once a week so I don't really provide support for colleagues etc. Would describing a hypothetical situation be ok? Please help, I'm stuck. :(

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jessicag is on a distinguished road

Hi There
I haven't been on this site for a while. I would say have a professional discussion or observation/witness statement. Even though you only volunteer once a week i'm sure you do these things with out realizing. I too am in the school once a week but do find my self doing quite a lot. When i talk to the teacher and ask about tasks i need to do she always says "well you have just done that" Its only when I reflect back I think to my self Yes I have .
Is this for assignment 5 ? I have just started this.

How are you finding the course?

I hope I have helped in some way although you may have already done this.
Unread 05-10-2014, 10:29 PM

karka is on a distinguished road

Thank you for you answer :) In my manual it's assessment 6. I'm finding the course not well designed to be honest and I often feel discouraged but I've already paid for it so there's nothing I can do but struggle on :) I've got one more question: Do you write long answers to the questions? ( My husband says I write too much to answer a single question and that's why it's making the course so time consuming :))
Unread 05-11-2014, 09:45 AM

Hiya
Yes like you I was writing loads and it was taking ages. I find now I'm writing less and less . I'm about to send in assignment 4 and I'll see how I get marked.
It does say in the manual as long as you show that you have an understanding on the task it doesn't matter how much you write.
When did you start the course? I started in January and I'm getting worried I might not Finnish in the year .
My personal email is xxx if you want to be a study buddy. I don't come on this this site very often.

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 05-11-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: xxx email address removed to prevent bot harvesting
Unread 05-11-2014, 03:46 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

DEMONSTRATE means show it in your practice and if you haven't got an assessor coming into the setting to watch you you need to consider what your qual will be worth. I personally don't employ ANYONE who has done a course without professional assessments and i like to see their assessors reports. how often is your assessor coming?
Unread 05-11-2014, 07:21 PM

We have our work signed off by our teacher who observes us all the time. We write what we have done and they read through and sign it . This is our evidence that we have done the tasks required .
Unread 06-29-2014, 02:39 PM

reef2good is on a distinguished road

hi, im with study house as well, i just need to know as its an online course, how do you send in the evidence of work?
im doing level 2 and assignment 2, its been sent back for a second time now and im ready to throw in the towel, but my dad paid for me to do the course, so feel i have to carry on!
it says you can only add one attachment to the email, so how do i send in the evidence?
Unread 07-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Sonia14 is on a distinguished road

Hi there, you have to make sure your whole assignment is only in 1 document, so instead of saving each task separately, you just keep working on the same document, hope that helps
Sonia
Unread 12-31-2016, 01:12 PM

sooze89 is on a distinguished road

I'm doing my course through UK Open College, I work independently and don't have anyone coming in to observe me working. A lot of the tasks ask for demonstrations though, which are then signed off by my tutor. Would this affect my chances of getting a job?

Sooze89 x
Unread 12-31-2016, 03:10 PM

reef2good is on a distinguished road

hi, i did my course with study house, nobody came in to observe me at work, didnt affect me getting a job in a school, hth x