Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 01-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Muggy

Lightbulb What do YOU do?!

I am talking about the mandatory 'training days' where we all have to attend work, without the children.
I just wondered what everyone else did on these valuable allotted training days.

I suppose I am looking for inspiration to make these days a bit more exciting for the staff (especially as the training days are quite often the first days of term when no-one wants to come back!)

(Our pre-school is only open on a morning, so its only half a day for us really)

:idea:

Last edited by Muggy : 01-07-2007 at 06:48 PM. Reason: title change

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jelleybabe is on a distinguished road

Hi, we have used our mentor teacher for some training days, she has done observation, planning, creativity and she is also going to do math's games after easter. We have used our link officer for birth to three, and our senco for managing behaviour training. We found this was worth while as these people knew us and the group.

Hope this helps.

Sarah
Unread 01-07-2007, 10:50 PM
cybertwin

when we have these i generally get some staff memebers who have been on courses to do quick 10 min chats, then we talk about the planning for the next term and have a general tidy up and sort out
we ar eonly open mornings to so tidying isnt for long
althoughwe have not had them this year as we have to open as much as possible for our eye grant, and all the staff are getting on training days for their hours this year.
also we count some of our staff meetings where cascading happens as half a days training