Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Gail the Snail is on a distinguished road
Default NVQ 3 finished - what next?

I have finished my NVQ 3 and am keen to progress but am a little confused about the next step. I work in a pre-school as a practioner and am led to believe that the NVQ 4 is being phased out, is this correct? Does that mean the next step is the foundation degree? I have also been told only 1 person in the setting is allowed to do this at a time and someone has just started it. It seems such a shame to stop my learning here as i feel i have more to give and more to learn. I have a degree in another field so feel i have the capabilities to continue my learning at this level. And then theres the question of funding? If anyone has any advice or could shed some light on relevant qualifications etc it would be much appreciated. Thankyou

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-11-2011, 02:42 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

work. embedding what you have learn lots of reading learning from others and especially if you did the nvq train to gain visiting other settings. then in a year or so think about applying for the foundation degree.
learning is not a race the capability to learn bears no relation to your processing of early years practice. you need to reflect and embed. a good college wont touch someone till they have Worked qualified at 3 for at least a year. if you already have a degree you will have to self fund or you could consider the eyps but every area does this different so you need to speak to your local early years team. if you in my area though i would say the above i am rarely interested in people who want to speed through their learning as doing the job post a course is where true ability lies.
Unread 01-12-2011, 11:34 PM

Thanks for the advice tutu, i agree there is no accounting for experience. I was just looking to the future as i am in my 30's and feel i have found my niche and want to make a career out of it. I enjoy learning and want to better the life of myself and my family. I also care about the children and families i work with and want to learn as much as i can to provide the best for them. I will continue as i am and make the most of the CPD courses available to me. Then in a year or so who knows what might lie around the corner....?
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:51 PM

Just thought i'd provide a little update in case anyone was interested in what i did next! ..... I worked qualified at level 3 for a year and then undertook the EYPS long pathway (fully funded) which i recently passed.
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Very interested in the update :) many congratulations on the continued development xx
the cost of ad blockers