Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Chlobbers is on a distinguished road
'Demonstrate / Show how' - What approach is your tutor or assessor taking?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if the task says 'Demonstrate' or 'Show how' what way your tutor or assessor has asked you to answer them??

:jump:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, assessor/tutors will be guided by the organisations they work for as there would be an expectation that submission requirements for internal & external verification are the same. As such, it won't necessarily be the approach of individuals you're questioning rather the situation that's requiring certain practices from them. It's also good to understand that 'demonstate requires a certain amount of practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding on behalf of the practitioner that can be collected in many ways, writing & enquiring being one, research and reflection being others.

If you're concerned your practice isn't being assessed appropriately please contact your course provider to check the procedures they have in place.
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

if it is the cache course it clearly says at the top of each unit which learning outcomes are to be observed and these are often the ones that say demonstrate. it also clearly says that simulation ie doing it for pretend is not allowed. the cache guidance in the front says that observed work MUST be observed. if it is another awarding body i cannot see it will be any different this is the whole point of voc quals.
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Chlobbers is on a distinguished road

I agree with both of you! My colleague and I are doing the same course through the same college (it is through an online learning programme) but we have different tutors which seem to be doing things very differently; my tutor says to leave the 'demonstrate' learning outcomes as she will assess these in person but my colleague has never had an observation done and yet has had some of these outcomes signed off.

Was just curious :jump:
Unread 02-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlobbers View Post
I agree with both of you! My colleague and I are doing the same course through the same college (it is through an online learning programme) but we have different tutors which seem to be doing things very differently; my tutor says to leave the 'demonstrate' learning outcomes as she will assess these in person but my colleague has never had an observation done and yet has had some of these outcomes signed off.

Was just curious :jump:
Hi
I completed my course and every question that says demonstrate, i had to show it to my tutor throught demonstrating it, this was a CACHE course and like Tutu says it is in the CACHE paper work saying this is to be shown and not written about, i don't know what would happen if you choose an optional unit such as maybe Disabilty and you couldn't demonstrate this due to not having a child with a disability, i am assuming that you couldn't take that optional unit.

Lynne