Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 10-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Kilnsea

CACHE level 3 Diploma in Pre-school Practice

Can anyone please help, a member of my staff is studying the above course at the mo.

The wording in the coursework is hard enough to understand exactly what they need from it. eg. core unit 1 A - asks about evaluating the importance of understanding the interplay between theory and practice...... we could go on for pages listing old researchers like Friedrich Froebel and recent research like EPPE, KEEP.

Is there anyone out there who has done this or is working on this at the moment that could help us out.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Hi Kilnsea
I would imagine that the student must show an understanding of how research can be used to inform and change practice.
The EPPE/REPEY/KEEP research is ideal, consider the reasons for this research and if it gives valid and reliable facts/info?
Is it relevant to a particular situation/setting?
Is the research objective?
Is change based on a rational, logical basis?
Application of theory to practice etc.
Include examples of how early years practitioners have used recent research to change current practice, or indeed, reaffirmed previous decisions.
Consider the benefits and negative effects within the assignment as you draw your conclusions.
Hope this helps...have'nt actualy done this course, however this is the approach I would take, having recently completed FdA in Early Years...anyone else got a better take on this?:idea:
Unread 10-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Teresa

hello new to forum I am in the process of completing the Cache Diploma in pre school practice and wonder if there is anyone else out there who could give advice or just some support. Also just wondering what others are doing about their planning for the new EYFS any ideas or help would be appreciated
Unread 12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Sana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilnsea View Post
Can anyone please help, a member of my staff is studying the above course at the mo.

The wording in the coursework is hard enough to understand exactly what they need from it. eg. core unit 1 A - asks about evaluating the importance of understanding the interplay between theory and practice...... we could go on for pages listing old researchers like Friedrich Froebel and recent research like EPPE, KEEP.

Is there anyone out there who has done this or is working on this at the moment that could help us out.
well i am doing the same course so how come your topic is different than the one i have to do for core unit 1, i thought all course material is the same anywhere in the Uk, the one i have to write on is Understanding and promoting the development of pre-school children:idea:
have you done this one already? how did you find it and can i ask you for help if you don't mind :blush:
thanks
Unread 12-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Kilnsea, how did everything go .. has your staff member finished her DPP course now ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:44 PM
Kilnsea

sorry, not been on the site for a while, the usual Christmas excuse. My colleague has had her first two assignments marked and returned. I know she got an A for the first but cannot remember what the second one was but it was a pass. Still a long way to go to the end!
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Kilnsea

Sana, just got around to reading your reply. As Carol does not have internet in her house, I had to do this original request for help on her behalf. I will tell her what you have said about the course sounding diff to yours and will get back to you next week with her reply, she will be at work on Monday.
Unread 01-13-2008, 02:39 PM
ccml

The language baffles me too, I have got a B garde for my assignmet but can resubmit for the A if only I could get my brain around this 1A criteria - interplay between theory and practice. Anyone feeling generous enough to offer me a peek at that section of their assigment only. Promise no pragerism just gentle guidance giving me something to work off.
Any help appreciated and I can support and guidance to any one else out their doing this course.
Thanks
Unread 06-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Misshome is on a distinguished road
Default help with core unit 1 A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilnsea View Post

Hi
I am doing this course through the NEC and cant find anything in my notes to help me with this question - I am really stuck and would appreciate ANY help!
Thanks