Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 01-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

TRACI is on a distinguished road
Default plan a challenging and enjoyable environment

Hi Can anyone help please Plan a challenging and enjoyable environment, in the home that includes using everyday domestic routines and household items.
Nearly at the end of it all cant wait.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Children matter is on a distinguished road

Hi
I started like this; you can modify:

In my setting, I have had to put in place a number of measures to ensure compliance with requirements of legislation covering home based childcare, and the role of regulatory bodies:
These measures had to be in place in order for me to start my practice as a childminder. Where I am based is here in England; Ofsted inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people. Their role and aim as a regulatory body is to promote and improvement the services they inspect and regulate, to benefit children, young people, parents and carers.
If one wished to become a childminder or care for children under the age of 8yrs, one will have to register with one of the UK's regulatory bodies by law. There is also a voluntary register for those that wish to work with children over 8yrs.

Which Body you register with will depend on what part of the UK you live and wish to work in.
If you live/work in-

England - The office for standards in education (Ofsted)
Northern Ireland- the local health and social services trust
Scotland- the Scottish commission for regulation of care (the care commission)
Wales- the care and social services inspectorate for Wales (CSSIW)

Here in England Ofsted inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people. Their aim is to promote and improvement the services they inspect and regulate, to benefit children, young people, parents and carers.

By law Ofsted are allowed to carry out inspections to insure child care practitioners are complying with the requirements.

Anyone wishing to be on either part of the register must meet with requirements at all time when providing childcare

You must have the following in place at all times while providing childcare.

Certificate of registration
This will be issued by Ofsted and you must inform them of any changes that may affect it within 14 days e.g. if you have a baby or move home
Public liability insurance
Can be provided by the national child-minding association (NCMA) and is renewable yearly
Paediatric first aid
Must be provided by a recognised body and is renewable every 3 years.
Enhanced CRB
This will be carried out by Ofsted and must be renewed every 3 years.
An introduction to child care
This must be completed before or within 6 months of registration.
Ofsted complaints procedure
This poster must be displayed at all times while providing childcare.
Unread 06-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Children matter is on a distinguished road
Default Cypop 5 5.2

5.2 Plan a challenging and enjoyable learning environment in the home that includes using everyday domestic routines and household items:

In order to make my setting a well Planned challenging and enjoyable learning environment in the home that includes using everyday domestic routines and household items, I have had to put in place a number of measures to ensure compliance with requirements of legislation covering home based childcare, and the role of regulatory bodies: These measures had to be in place in order for me to start my practice as a childminder. Where I am based is here in Sheffield which is in England; Ofsted inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people. Their role and aim as a regulatory body is to promote and improvement the services they inspect and regulate, to benefit children, young people, parents and carers. To plan a challenging and enjoyable learning environment in the home which includes using everyday domestic routines and household items would be appropriate if one wished to become a childminder or care for children under the age of 8yrs, one will have to register with one of the UK's regulatory bodies by law. There is also a voluntary register for those that wish to work with children over 8yrs. Here in England Ofsted inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people. Their aim is to promote and improve the services they inspect and regulate, to benefit children, young people, parents and carers. In order for me to plan a challenging and enjoyable learning environment in the home that includes using everyday routines and household items I base my plan on my understanding and skills of upholding the importance of play to children’s learning and development and the need for an inclusive approach is taken through my understanding how to provide play and other activities for children in home based settings that will support equality and inclusion. I do this because I know that by law Ofsted are allowed to carry out inspections to insure that child care practitioners are complying with the requirements. Anyone wishing to be on the register must meet with requirements at all times when providing childcare. So I look at the routines such as: Arrival in the setting, Snack time or napping. I plan e.g. for Snack time to be a challenging and enjoyable learning activity in my home environment using every day domestic routines, I ask and support the children to lay the table: I help with finding our plastic utensils, the cups, the knives, the spoons and the plates. We learn where to place each item together in a group. The challenges are where we place the spoons or forks. The children enjoy finding the correct spot to place these items and these are routines using household items.

XX
Children Matter